36 Replies Latest reply: Apr 24, 2018 8:31 PM by fosterlove RSS

Deposit glitch with Yapstone / Vacation Rent Payment?

georgygirl1955 Senior Contributor

I have a deposit in each bank account today...one for each property.

I generally get an email summary the day prior...with deposit tracking numbers, and the total $$ amount for the 3% fee deduction.

I have searched my email history and have gotten nothing on either of these deposits.

Anyone else have a recent issue?

Thanks for input.....

• Re: Deposit glitch with Yapstone / Vacation Rent Payment?
          green_mango Active Contributor

Better than the other way around, I suppose! 

sunnycs CommunityAmbassador

My notifications disappeared for a year.  They just started back up last month   

scowol Active Contributor

Mine disappeared, too. When I get a booking, I immediately go to the Reservation Manager > Payments screen and download the payment to retrieve the actual incurred merchant fee. It's immediately available seconds after a paid booking from the dashboard (no having to wait for an email).  Then I log my payment income (I use QuickBooks) and the fee as an expense and I'm done.

georgygirl1955 Senior Contributor

I am not sure I understand.

I am tracking the 2nd payment on each reservation ....

I am wanting the info on that 2nd payment ( less the 3% cc fee ).  I dont want to have to calculate the net deposit myself.

I also want to be sure to tie it back to the correct name and booking, and property.

Thanks

scowol Active Contributor

The process is the same for the second or third or whatever payment.  You don’t need to calculate.  Just download the payment from the reservation manager.  It will provde you a complete itemized list of the payor, date, amount paid to you, and amount of the merchant fee.  You don’t need to do any calculations.

feibus CommunityAmbassador

Any time there is a payment received, you can go to the payment page and do a download and see the breakdown of the payment's details, including the amount to be deposited... it's just a mystery when it'll actually be deposited (up to 6 days sometimes), but at least you have the numbers immediately.

swlinphx Premier Contributor

The process is the same for the second or third or whatever payment.  You don’t need to calculate.  Just download the payment from the reservation manager.  It will provde you a complete itemized list of the payor, date, amount paid to you, and amount of the merchant fee.  You don’t need to do any calculations.

Any time there is a payment received, you can go to the payment page and do a download and see the breakdown of the payment's details, including the amount to be deposited... it's just a mystery when it'll actually be deposited (up to 6 days sometimes), but at least you have the numbers immediately.

Could someone explain exactly how do download info from the Payment page that shows the exact amount that will be deposited after the 3-5% processing fee is deducted?  I see no link to "download" this info nor have I ever done it.  Are you saying it actually shows the net amount to be deposited or are you just manually deducting the 3-5% (which anyone can do without downloading further info).  Also, are you talking about the list of all traveler payments page or the specific details for each traveler/reservation w/quote and payment details?  Thanks in advance!

feibus CommunityAmbassador

Reservation Manager button in the nav bar on the left, then Payments.  Then look for the down-arrow in the buttons along the top-right of the page.  it'll open a form to let you pick the dates of download and then deliver a csv file you can open with Excel or similar.

Thanks, but this is what I see.  Can you point out what you're talking about?

Screen shot 2018-02-16 at 3.17.08 PM.jpg

Never mind, I see it now! 

The only issue is that it shows the non-taxable (and non-processing fee charged) damage deposit ($300 in this case) as TOTAL PAID TO YOU in the final spreadsheet column.  That is not really "paid to me" as it is not deposited into my bank but instead held in escrow by HomeAway so I have to remember to deduct that amount each time for the final payments that include the damage deposit.

Now that I have that resolved, I just have to wait for them to deposit the funds since there is apparently a glitch causing it to take much longer than normal.

Okay, this is odd.  In the two I have that say PAYABLE TO YOU: $1,056.79, I deducted the $300.00 damage deposit as described and recorded it as $756.79 deposited to my bank.  When I just checked my bank it shows that $765.79 was deposited (the 5 and 6 transposed).

Just checked and the base amount paid (before the 3% processing fee) was $789.47, so what was actually deposited in my bank ($765.79) is correct.  The downloaded .csv data was incorrect for some reason.  Hmmm....

-------------------------  UPDATE --------------------------

Okay, so this is interesting...  It turns out the two that were shown as PAYABLE TO YOU: $1,056.79 were final payments which included the $300 damage deposit (the other two I downloaded were first payments which did not include it).  The .csv files actually deducted the 3% processing fee off the total including the $300, which it should not have.  That must be a glitch since Yapstone/VRP does not take the 3% processing fee off the $300 since it is not deposited and held in escrow.  That accounts for the difference between $756.79 and $765.79.  Is it possible that HomeAway is deducting it off the $300 in case you claim that full amount for loss or damage, even though it goes against what Yapstone deposits in our bank???

2barefeet Contributor

Yes I just had this happen for my last 3 bookings.  I hope the guests are receiving the receipts.

sunnycs CommunityAmbassador

With 2 rentals, during my busy booking season, we struggle to match up deposits with guests.  Somedays I'll get 3 or 4 bookings, and more the next day, etc.  As feibus said, it takes days for the deposits to actually go in, so we play a guessing game assigning each deposit to the appropriate guest.  And my husband is a CPA... 

kmcbhense Contributor

We have 11 properties, and this week we are experiencing the same problem as all. No emails from Yapstone about payments to post to our banking. Definitely more work tracking back thru everything to credit the proper guest at the proper property.

Smells kind of fishy to me as well!

homeaway_community_manager HomeAway Employee

Hi georgygirl1955 and all,

VacationRentPayment has confirmed that there is an issue and that they are working to resolve it. Thanks for your patience!

Erinn

HomeAway Community Manager

I have several deposits from last weekend that have still not shown up today.  I may still call them to find out what the hold up is and what the exact deposit amounts will be.  I need to record these payments in my ledger and transfer them to PayPal but I usually wait to transfer them from my bank when VRP deposits them, after receiving their "HomeAway Direct Deposit Details" e-mails -- for some reason VRP still will not allow deposits to PayPal accounts like AirBnB and TripAdvisor processing systems do.  By the way, does anyone know why that is???

vickifromaz New Member

WARNING.....be sure to check ALL your transactions for international fees.  I have discovered that TWICE in the past 2 months they have charged ME the international transaction fee which is NOW 2% ....that adds up quick.....  Both times they were wrong, it took multiple phone calls (the first time 8 weeks, and 10 calls), to get it finally resolved, and another 2 weeks past that to get the funds back!    Today, it took only 4 hours and 3 calls...but who knows when I get the $$.  They NOW say they are aware of the problem....BUT 1) They are doing NOTHING about it, unless you figure it out and call

2) They say it just started this month, which is not true because it was January that I first discovered it

3) I think they are purposley doing this, because they are making millions in illegal fees

4) I recommend you go back and check all your past payments and confirm with each guest if you were charged this fee!

homeaway_community_manager HomeAway Employee

Hi vickifromaz,

Thank you for your post. I want to address several things with you.

First, this comment is off the topic of this thread and that is a violation of Community Guidelines.

Now let's address each of your points:

Both times they were wrong, it took multiple phone calls (the first time 8 weeks, and 10 calls), to get it finally resolved, and another 2 weeks past that to get the funds back!    Today, it took only 4 hours and 3 calls...but who knows when I get the $$.  They NOW say they are aware of the problem

We're aware of this issue and are working with Yapstone to address it and be sure they are doing everything they can on their end to resolve this issue for good.  It is completely unacceptable to us that anyone should have to work that this error is happening at all. It is even more troublesome that owners such as yourself are having to spend so much time getting this corrected.  Please take from this that we too are not happy with this situation and are doing what we can.

1) They are doing NOTHING about it, unless you figure it out and call

This is inaccurate. They are aware. They are working on figuring out why this is happening to try to prevent it in the future. We're working with them to ensure an audit is done to find any other inaccurate international charges.

2) They say it just started this month, which is not true because it was January that I first discovered it

This has been going on for quite a while and it was originally believed to be one off situations. I'm not sure why you were told it started this month. We'll follow up with Yapstone CS to ensure that the reps are giving out accurate information.

3) I think they are purposley doing this, because they are making millions in illegal fees

This is also inaccurate. Yapstone is a reputable company that is continually striving to provide world class service to it's customers. They're aware of the issue and are working to resolve. They are not purposefully charging people extra money.

4) I recommend you go back and check all your past payments and confirm with each guest if you were charged this fee!

This is a great recommendation. I believe that most Partners here are very aware of their payments and would have noticed if they were charged an extra fee. But it is worth taking a look at and reporting any inaccuracies to Yapstone directly.

Thank you so much for sharing your concerns.

Erinn

HomeAway Community Manager

linky17 Active Contributor

Has this 'issue' been resolved, to your satisfaction?

fosterlove Contributor

I have this issue all the time and have posted about it before.  Yapstone and their practices are so shady!  I seldom get a my money sent when it is expected.  Always 1-2 days late.  They also have the little trick of sending after the banking cut off later in the evening claiming they sent it that day - but in actuality it doesn't go out until the next night.  REALLY UNHAPPY WITH YAPSTONE!