15 Replies Latest reply: Feb 27, 2018 3:18 PM by homeaway_community_manager RSS

Your property listing on Expedia

u0999 Premier Contributor

So i found my listing on Expedia. prob is, the property name is gone, and it is NOT near Hillbilly golf. And the photo is NOT my main photo (just one of the secondary ones). And I have 59 reviews (not 34). Interesting.

• Re: Your property listing on Expedia
          calicalling Active Contributor

Mine aren't on expedia at all, even incorrectly like yours. How does exposure on Expedia happen?

grant570 Active Contributor

Great...  Now I want to Hillbilly golf....  Perhaps I ate too much of this bread.....

hilbilly.jpg

homeaway_community_manager HomeAway Employee

Hi u0999,

This appears to be a bad data pull. I've asked our API team to take a look and see if they can figure out what's causing the issue. Thanks.

Erinn

susaninrehoboth Premier Contributor

Grammar police needed. Only one like it. Does this mean there are a total of two similar properties?

ohst8er Premier Contributor

Oh, there is SO MUCH wrong with this!!!  Don't Delay-summer '18 is Almost Sold Out! Short Walk to Beach, Close to Coligny: 2018 Room Prices, Deals & Reviews | Ex…

First of all, in the search listing, it says we are 1.93 miles from South Forest Beach.  NO, we are IN SFB!!!

Says price "excludes $37.43 daily property fee"  WHAT PROPERTY FEE?

Shows 36 "expedia verified reviews"  I have 68 reviews first of all, but secondly, how does expedia verify reviews?

See screenshot for quote:   Where do they get this stuff?   Property Manager? And what about the part that they owe upon booking? 

homeaway_community_manager, where is the "opt of being listed on Expedia" button?

Screen Shot 2018-02-22 at 5.23.10 PM.png

None of this info is correct:

Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.

Government-issued photo identification and a credit card or cash deposit are required at check-in for incidental charges.

Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed.

Minimum guest age is   <<< this is the one thing we DO have, except, nothing is listed!

daninpcb Contributor

I first noticed our listing about 2 months a go on Expedia. We are incorrectly listed as having a private pool. I went to my listings and see I have them set for a communal pool. I didn't know who to communicate with to resolve since this error is on Expedia not HA. It may not matter though since I'm still waiting on my first inquiry or booking with Expedia, Orbitz or Travelocity.

ohst8er Premier Contributor

daninpcb  I hate the term "communal" pool.   Webster's tells me it merely means "shared by all members of a community; for common use."

But I've heard it used in too many instances to refer to some seedy, back door places, so that it sounds unclean to my ears.

I actually have mine marked "private pool", because essentially it IS private to our community.  Webster's tells me I'm not incorrect, "belonging to or for the use of one particular person or group of people only," so I'm going with that one. 

The mere thought of bathing in a "communal" pool makes me feel the need to shower!

twomoreyears Senior Contributor

homeaway_community_manager -

I have a question - why does Expedia pull our "Headline" as the Property Name instead of the "Property Name"?  A property that uses "Two blocks to the beach" as the headline and "Susie's Secret Hideaway" as the Property name will be shown as "Two blocks to the beach" when the hotels are "Ritz-Carlton Hilton Head" or something like that.  Now we have to write our headline for Expedia AND Homeaway/VRBO and have it make sense for both.

Do you want me to contact CS or just pass this on to the Program Director for this?

daninpcb Contributor

Recently ours was replaced with "Hotel resort near Ripley's Believe It or Not" as our headline. We are beachfront where Ripley's is about a half mile away but I am OK with that. My problem is no matter what available dates I put in on Expedia my listing or the other 16 at our location do not show up. It may be due to the fact that when searching on VRBO in our area there are only a handful of the 190 listings at our location that show up starting on page 14 of the 19 pages. Since we seem invisible on the VRBO/Expedia map platforms at our location our headlines should read "Find us if you can!".

The total price is the same on VRBO or Expedia so I have high hopes if we become visible someday.