1 4 5 6 7 8 Previous Next 119 Replies Latest reply: May 2, 2012 10:14 PM by marilyn Go to original post RSS
      • 90. Re: Payment Program
        swlinphx Premier Contributor

Oh, you're still here?  What happend to "have a great night!"???  LOL

Thanks for the definition.  I don't own a dictionary or a computer.  Also, my solution is permanent.  I will never get an e-check my way.  I realize you think your way is the only way and feel somehow threatened by others' input, but that is your deal.

And thanks again for showing your level of (im)maturity with your name-calling.  That is a direct violation, one which you did last time and which I never did.  Are you an adult by any chance or a kid?  Just asking because calling people names seems so out of bounds for a forum like this.  You were warned before but name-calling seems to be some weapon of choice that gives you a feeling of power.  While I feel sorry for you, as with the last time I will still not stoop to your childish level, no matter how many times you have in the past or continue to in the future. 

• 91. Re: Payment Program

Wendy, I guess what it all boils down to is that doing any business always has some risks.  No business is 100% immune to charge backs, but as far as the first two issues presented here with contracts & e-checks, at least we have solutions.  Your issue with the deleted files, as I have said over and over, is the most disconcerting it seems because I have never exprerienced it and have no direct solution for that.  I hope you find a solution and come back and let us know what happens with your situation!

• 92. Re: Payment Program
            Contributor

I love you too, Lou! LOL

• 93. Re: Payment Program

Wow... just wow.  I'll let your responses speak for themself.  I will go on record as not name-calling as with the last time you resorted to this type of thing. I won't stoop to your childish level and I'm officially DONE responding to you, now that your comments have been reported for direct TOS violations. In the mean time if I'm right your responses will be so childish they will reveal what mentality we're dealing with, so here's some more rope for you.  By all means, have at it! =============

• 94. Re: Payment Program
                Contributor

hee hee

• 95. Re: Payment Program
                  Contributor

officially hee hee

• 96. Re: Payment Program
                    twobitrentals CommunityAmbassador

It appears that I only needed to go to a different part of my dashboard to refund the cancelled contract. Thank you VRBO for showing me quickly how to fix my problem. I can't say enough good things about your staff.

Thank you...and I love working with VRBO more than any other site.

• 97. Re: Payment Program
                      Contributor

Wendy, thats great news. We are 2 for 2 in getting solutions. I agree that the CS folks at VRBO and HA are great to work with. It does take a lot of pushing though to get actual changes/corrections/fixes in place. But the seemless, on-line capability from inquiry right through to credit card payment truly saves time.

• 98. Re: Payment Program

Yes, I have to agree totally, that since this new system came on-line....it just makes life a whole lot easier when working with our guests. I don't want to call/e-mail/etc.....I love the streamlined inquiry, to quote, to book, to calendar reserves all within a few clicks on the VRBO site. I couldn't say more about the staff and their "desire" to fix the problem for us.

Are you looking for a vacation get-away 

Check out this wonderful home in Springfield/Branson

http://www.vrbo.com/281054  or

http://www.flipkey.com/springfield-vacation-rentals/p354303/ 

• 99. Re: Payment Program
                          Contributor

Wendy, I noticed that you mentioned a desire to get a monthly statement for tax issues. Would it be helpful to others if VRBO/HA allowed 2 or more bank accounts to be associated with the credit card account?

This would allow us the ability to determine how much of a payment to be deposited into each account.

For example;

I'd like to have 2 "buckets"...one into which all of the bed tax collections would be deposited and another for the balance of the payment.

Then when it is time to submit the bed tax, the funds are in the account and can be submitted to the tax authority.

Thoughts?

• 100. Re: Payment Program
                            Contributor

By the way, you might consider eliminating the E check capability because it seems to be a significant potential liability. If you, like alot of others enjoy the full benefits of the "start to finish" on-line capability (ie letting the customer accept your contract and pay via credit card on-line) and the time it saves, you can have the customer service people eliminate the e check option on your page.

• 101. Re: Payment Program

Actually, someone said to just print out the payment page....I thought that was a GREAT idea. I would be similar to a monthly statement only all in one!

I actually don't have any issue with the sales tax part of it per se, my issue was having something concrete from VRBO to back up my calculations for the IRS. I use Microsoft money to do my reporting and it helps to just have something to balance with before tax time. 

Thankfully, I already have last years done!

So two accounts would not necessarily help me with what you are talking about, but it may be useful to others. Good question to present!

• 102. Re: Payment Program

Oh was that you Wendy?  I think it was another thread because I remember someone asking how to print out an invoice and I suggested printing the payments page.  However, you did not elaborate on exactly why all your transactional information disappeared upon cancellation and what part you were doing wrong vs. the section you should've been going to.  It would be helpful to know.  It's too bad none of the reps chimed in here to provide a public response to either that or the e-check situation; it seems you both had to call them and get private customer support.

It does seem strange that if you are supposed to be able to deactivate the e-check option they don't tell you somewhere or have a preference for that.  No one is going to know that otherwise, unless they just take payment over the phone immediately like we do when booking.  As far as multiple bank accounts goes, we still use PayPal to transfer to and from four linked bank accounts, depending on whose property it is and what the funds are for. That includes the bank account we have Reservation Manager linked to.  We just don't use PayPal now for credit card billing (usually).

Speaking of which, does anyone know how to customize & save the message that goes out when they receive each bill from Reservation Manager?  I have to keep copying and pasting my own each time, and even then it does not change the subsequent bills' message, just the first.

• 103. Re: Payment Program

First of all, they showed me that if you go to the payment screen, whether cancelled or not that the payment is still there and that you can refund from that screen. So, technically....I just didn't know it was still there to work with. I would have still liked for the information, including the IP address that showed the contract to show in the inquiry page as back up evidence. BUT, now I know that it will just show cancelled...I will continue to print out those things. Along with everything from the inquiry. They did a public response, but it went to a different page on the website...not sure why.

For the deactivation of e-checks...I you go to dashboard and then settings, there you will see payment settings. Make your choice. 

As for customizing the receipt that goes to the customer. I love what they send, it has the picture of the property, the information, etc. I haven't had anyone complain

I guess that I don't want to spend a lot of time changing what already works for me. 

Seems like the multiple banks, just makes more work for you, balancing every month. I would hate that. I use microsoft money that downloads my bank statements on-line then it balances it automatically. I couldn't imagine going to 4 different accounts to do that for just my business. I already have other accounts for me personally and so to add more would just be that much more work. 

Can you tell I like things streamlined and easy? I even have a resort lock so that I can just get the codes for the door off the internet and just send in my welcome letter. Nobody else has access to the property during their stay....so anything missing...talk to each other. Nobody in the state has access, except you and the folks you gave access to. Not even the cleaning people have access during that time. They get a separate code each time they go in.

All happens in just a couple of clicks of each website. Then I am off to live my life.

I guess if I had several properties, I might spend more time........NAH...I wouldn't never mind! HA!

Have A GREAT DAY!

• 104. Re: Payment Program
                                    Contributor

I agree; It is very strange HA doesnt allow us the ability to opt out of the echeck option. I suppose they have a huge back-log of items that need more pressing attention?

On the paypal suggestion...good idea. Can you share the actual process? The guest payment comes to you via credit card and the funds are in that account...how do you then make the transfers to paypal accounts? And is there a benefit(s) to moving the funds to the various paypal accounts versus, say, different bank accounts?

Being able to save a different, customized message would be a big help. And I have seen others request the ability to change the "subject" line of the payment request (or for that matter, any email correspondance sent to guests by HA on our behalf) to something more relevant the guest may recognize. Often it seems, guests find corresopondane from HA in their junk box.

1 4 5 6 7 8 Previous Next