We all want as many bookings as possible along with a great experience for the traveler. The fewer declines and cancellations, the better the traveler experience and the more bookings we can send your direction. Cancellations happen from time to time so here are a few tips to keep in mind:
• Make sure you cancel in your dashboard. HomeAway can only refund the service fee if the cancellation is processed through your dashboard.
• Depending on your cancellation policies you can refund the remaining amount through your dashboard.
• Process all bookings through HomeAway check-out. Not accepting, declining, or canceling bookings can negatively impact your ranking.
Follow these steps to process or initiate a cancellation:
1. Log in to your account.
2. If you have more than one listing, click on the appropriate property.
3. Click Reservation manager In the left-hand navigation menu.
4. Select Reservations list.
5. Select the appropriate reservation.
6. Click Cancel Reservation at the bottom of the screen.
7. Select the most accurate reason for cancellation from the drop-down menu:
a. If the traveler has initiated a request to cancel, this option will show by default. Traveler-initiated cancellations do not affect your ranking metrics.
b. If the traveler has not requested to cancel, this option will not be available in the drop-down. All other cancellation reasons are considered owner-initiated will affect your ranking metrics.
8. By default, the refund amount will match your cancellation policy. To refund a traveler all fees and payments, the 100% refund option must be selected. Confirm the cancellation and refund amounts and click Cancellation Refund.
Here is a help article with more info including a video on our cancellation process.
Check out more about different types of cancellations here.
This article was generated from the following discussion: When you need to cancel a reservation