7 Preventive Maintenance Tips For Your Vacation Home
Proper maintenance of your vacation home is crucial to keeping your rental business running smoothly. Don't make the mistake of thinking you'll only call in maintenance people when something is broken: the key to maintaining a vacation home is prevention and preparedness.
Here are a few tips to help head off potential mishaps before they happen.
2. Write down the make, model, and serial numbers of all major appliances. If you need to schedule service, you can have this information on hand.
3. Consider purchasing extended warranties on major appliances, especially washers and dryers, since they are appliances that are used above and beyond normal use.
4. Install a kitchen sink disposal if your house doesn't have one to avoid costly plumbing repairs.
5. Purchasing water-saving appliances (e.g. toilets, front-load washing machine dishwashers, and shower heads), especially if your property uses water from a well.
6. Consider installing low-maintenance ceramic, hardwood, or solid-surface flooring.
7. In general, try to replace furnishings and appliances before they get worn-out and dingy, especially coffeemakers, toasters, blenders, washcloths, towels, pillows, and bedding.
© Copyright HomeAwway 2012 - Present