As many of you know, I own properties along the Gulf Coast, so the oil spill has continued to effect me after the oil stopped flowing. And I know that I'm not the only one-- many Gulf Coast homeowners have endured a particularly difficult summer this year following the Deepwater Horizon oil spill. To show our continued support for our owners, HomeAway is hosting a special event on November 6 and 7.
You are invited to a FREE symposium dedicated to Gulf Coast vacation rental owners, featuring Tom Hale, Chief Product Officer of HomeAway, Inc. We’ll also have other industry experts onsite to share insights and advice on recovering your rentals, and I'll be speaking as well.
In addition to learning from our panel of experts, you’ll have the opportunity to meet other homeowners just like you, facing the same challenges and striving to keep your properties booked and your beaches safe and beautiful for future guests.
We would love to see you there. To ensure that we have enough seating for everyone, pre-registration for each guest is required. Sign up today to save your spot. Location Hilton Sandestin Beach Golf Resort & Spa 4000 Sandestin Blvd., South Destin, Florida 32550
Accommodations If you're joining us from out of town, consider renting one of the many Destin properties available on our family of websites.
Or, if you'd prefer to stay at the hotel, we have a discounted rate of $109/night available for Symposium attendees. Just call 850-267-9500 and mention our group.
Agenda Saturday, November 6, 2010 Speaker Sessions: 1pm to 6pm Networking Reception: 6:30pm to 7:30pm
Sunday, November 7, 2010 Listing Workshop: 9am-12pm
Learn about our speakers and topics*:
• Tom Hale, Chief Product Officer of HomeAway, Inc., will kick off the weekend discussing the state of the vacation rental industry in the Gulf. Learn how HomeAway plans to promote your properties on VRBO.com, VacationRentals.com and HomeAway.com for a successful 2011 rental year.
• Christine Karpinski, bestselling author, Gulf Coast homeowner and Director of Owner Community, will share her own advice and experiences about recovering from the oil spill, standing firm on your rates and dealing with bargain hunters.
• Caroline Adams of Buzbee Law Firm will be onsite to answer questions regarding the BP claims process.
• Representatives from the Beaches of South Walton will share what local tourism boards are doing to stimulate economic activity and restore tourism in the region.
• And finally, our Listing Workshop will demonstrate how you can improve your own marketing efforts to attract visitors to your areas once again