Skip navigation

Join the Vacation Rentals Conversation!

Get answers to all of your questions from fellow owners and travelers.

Join the CommunityX

CommunitySeek, Ask, and Share in the Vacation Rentals Community
1314 Views 4 Replies Latest reply: Aug 9, 2013 10:39 AM by beth RSS
New Member 6 posts since
Jun 18, 2012
Currently Being Moderated

Jun 18, 2012 2:17 PM

How to get customer support to respond???

How to get customer support from VRBO?

I'm an owner who's listed with VRBO for 3 years.  This year I renewed at a "lower" subscription level...had to make a phone call to do that, as the online renewal process didn't allow that option!!!  Frustrating.  THEN I kept getting emails saying I hadn't renewed, even though my credit card had been charged for the renewal.  14 days later, including an email back to customer support and two phone messages (I CANNOT GET A LIVE PERSON TO ANSWER THE PHONE) they have removed my listing, even though my credit card was charged for the renewal.  What can I do???  This is UNACCEPTABLE!!!

• travis HomeAway Employee 325 posts since
    May 2, 2011
    Jun 19, 2012 11:49 AM (in response to qigongqueen)
    Re: How to get customer support to respond???

Hi qigongqueen,

It looks like both your VRBO.com listings are online. If you don't see your listing live on the site, you may try clearing your cache and cookies. I see that you've already been in contact with a member of our Customer Support team so I'll have that team member follow up with you on this issue.

I apologize for the inconvenience this has caused.

Travis

• albauman New Member 1 posts since
    Aug 8, 2013
    Aug 8, 2013 6:46 PM (in response to qigongqueen)

VRBO / Homeaway (same company) has the WORST customer service that I have ever encountered.  They are ripping me off with their RENEWAL SCAM and don't seem to care.  Customer service is a joke and I once had an online chat experience with a customer service rep that clearly didn't even understand English.  I am going to cancel and go with the competition.  Heck, I've gotten more rental interest from Craig's List than I have via VRBO or Homeaway anyway.  What a horrible company.  Brian Sharples (CEO) should be ashamed of himself. 

I too received a ton of renewal emails, some as early as three months prior to expiration.  I finally clicked the link in one of the renewal emails and renewed.  For the next few days I received more renewal emails.  Naturally, I thought the transaction didn't go through so I clicked renew again.  Now I have two different duplicate sites (one is bundled and one is not) even though I have been bundled since the beginning and was simply renewing my "bundle"... or so I thought. 

This company is very tricky like that and customer service is horrible.  I have two charges on my credit card from June.  One for a non-bundled listing for $349 and another $598 charge for the bundled listing... even though I only have ONE PROPERTY and only had ONE LISTING to even "RENEW".  Customer service is telling me they will only PRORATE a refund of the $349 amount since the charge occurred 2 months ago.  So they are making me pay for a DUPLICATE listing for the last two months?  Why on earth would I want or need a duplicate listing out there for the exact same rental property?????

First they tried to tell me that it was my fault because I set up a second, non-bundled listing.  Why on earth would I need two listings that are exactly the same for the exact same property?  Then they tried to tell me that it was my fault because I renewed two listings... one that they are telling me was a draft that was created at some point but never paid for and one that was my original bundle.  Why on earth would I need to renew a draft listing that was never finalized or paid for when I had my bundled listing that covered both sites that I was renewing?  Then they tried to tell me that it was my fault because I hadn't looked at my credit card statement for two months and am just now noticing the TWO charges by "Homeaway"... one for $349 on 6/7 and another for $598 on 6/9.

ARGH!  

• beth HomeAway Employee 1,011 posts since
      Jan 20, 2012
      Aug 9, 2013 10:39 AM (in response to albauman)

HI albauman,

I'm sorry you've had a frustrating experience with our Customer Service. Please note, however, that we do not offer (and never have offered) online chat, so I'm not sure who you were chatting with. Regarding the multiple emails, they're scheduled to go out and sometimes don't get recalled after you've already renewed. The best way to check if you've already renewed is to log into your account.

I definitely want to get you more help regarding those double charges! The fastest way I can help you is if you send me the following info to Community@HomeAway.com:

- Name on your account

- Listing ID number

- Email address associated with your account

- Date of transactions

- Any other details

Then I can get this escalated to a Customer Service manager. Hopefully we'll get this resolved over the weekend or by early next week at the latest! Looking forward to getting an email from you so we can get the ball rolling.

Beth

Community Manager

• jay1234 New Member 1 posts since
    Aug 9, 2013
    Aug 9, 2013 9:38 AM (in response to qigongqueen)

This may not be part of the debate but I noticed that no one has mentioned www.rentmyvacationhome.com. I have done extensive research and use them several times. They're the only ones I know that guarantee every day wih the reservation system and refund the money if there's any problems. One of the other things they do is guarantee rentals or they refund  money. As a traveler I have use the site many times and if found to work very well , realize that it's not as big as some of them but they seem to do a fantastic job maybe because they're not as big try 

www.rentmyvacationhome.com

Not a member?

JOIN THE COMMUNITY

Register Now

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• Best Answers - 4 points
  • Helpful Answers - 2 points