Skip navigation

Join the Vacation Rentals Conversation!

Get answers to all of your questions from fellow owners and travelers.

Join the CommunityX

CommunitySeek, Ask, and Share in the Vacation Rentals Community
1727 Views 3 Replies Latest reply: Sep 14, 2012 3:26 PM by jc35 RSS
New Member 2 posts since
Apr 28, 2012
Currently Being Moderated

May 3, 2012 3:28 PM

chèques vacances. Sould I accept them?

Hi all, I have just had an enquiry asking if I take chèques vacances from some limited research I have just carried out they appear to be issued to low income families to increase inclusion. It also appears that you have to register to accept them. However before I consider this any further I was wondering if anybody has any experience of this method of payment and any further advice. Many thanks.

• New Member 1 posts since
    May 5, 2012
    May 5, 2012 10:59 AM (in response to datren)
    Re: chèques vacances. Sould I accept them?

I also received a similar enquiry a few months ago, so did some research and decided that it was definitely not something I would consider accepting. Firstly you have to register with the issuer in order to be able to accept them. Secondly you only receive the cheques vacances directly from the tenant upon their arrival - therefore you don't get any monies in advance. Thirdly, you then have to send the cheques vacances back to the issuer for them to endorse, and you eventually get the monetary value back from them approximately three weeks later. I don't know about you, but I would certainly not let people stay in my property without having the funds cleared and paid in advance. This type of payment is really not good for private property owners and I would steer well clear.

• jennywren Contributor 55 posts since
    Apr 27, 2012
    May 25, 2012 4:25 PM (in response to datren)

Can't talk to you now , I am running away as fast as I can. As we say in England , I wouldn't touch it with a barge pole.

• New Member 4 posts since
    Aug 18, 2012
    Sep 14, 2012 3:26 PM (in response to datren)

hi there take my advise and do  not accept any payment in cheques.  

Not a member?

JOIN THE COMMUNITY

Register Now

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• Best Answers - 4 points
  • Helpful Answers - 2 points