Skip navigation

Join the Vacation Rentals Conversation!

Get answers to all of your questions from fellow owners and travelers.

Join the CommunityX

CommunitySeek, Ask, and Share in the Vacation Rentals Community
551 Views 0 Replies Latest reply: Apr 29, 2012 12:11 PM by heustonpeggy@gmail.com RSS
New Member 1 posts since
Apr 29, 2012
Currently Being Moderated

Apr 29, 2012 12:11 PM

GIVE AWAYS

I read the give aways listed and feel most are going way overboard with engraved welcome cards, gift baskets, etc.  I always provide shampoo, creme rinse, dish soap, laundry soap, lots of towels, coffee and filters, salt and pepper.   I do not the provide the cutsey little shampoos that won't even wash one woman's long hair.  I use inexpensive, name brand big bottles such as White Rain or VO5.  If they like a specific, high end shampoo, which are ridiculously priced, they will bring their own. In this economy, I go for usable, reasonable products.  It is hard to pack shampoos in luggage.  There is nothing worse than not being able to put enough creme rinse on long hair.  At least there is plenty there until they get to the store to get their brand.  I like to have a couple of candles in case of a power outage along with a flashlight but I buy candles within glass jars that have lids to prevent fires.  I have a cute chalk board that says welcome and enjoy along with my phone number.  My condos are on the beach and with the sand, showers are needed often.  I really, really hate tiny shampoo and creme rinse bottles that you have to try to get every bit out of.  I also only use shower gels as hand soaps leave such scum in tub and sinks.  Can you tell I have long hair?  My motto, be practical but not stingy.  Peg

Not a member?

JOIN THE COMMUNITY

Register Now

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• Best Answers - 4 points
  • Helpful Answers - 2 points