Skip navigation

Join the Vacation Rentals Conversation!

Get answers to all of your questions from fellow owners and travelers.

Join the CommunityX

CommunitySeek, Ask, and Share in the Vacation Rentals Community
993 Views 1 Reply Latest reply: Apr 14, 2012 8:39 AM by iopbeachhouse RSS
New Member 1 posts since
Apr 13, 2012
Currently Being Moderated

Apr 13, 2012 2:08 PM

Listing disappearance

Greetings, all,

I am new and have not been able to find this topic discussed in the community. We are currently searching for a rental, and I found several good ones yesterday afternoon. We narrowed it down to one, and when I searched for the listing number this morning, it turned up nothing... anywhere. Of course, this is the one that we really wanted after considering all the options available! Why would it have disappeared between yesterday afternoon and this morning? My new search is also turning up a bunch of things that weren't there yesterday, returning results for places that aren't available during our dates, etc. I have read owner complaints about the data getting changed in listings, but not listings just disappearing altogether. So disappointing, though I have found a comparable rental and inquired about it.

• iopbeachhouse Community All-Star 455 posts since
    Aug 10, 2011
    Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 14, 2012 8:39 AM (in response to westside)
    Re: Listing disappearance

Sometimes a listing is taken down abruptly if their e-mail has been hacked. They have to do several steps through the security department before the listing will be reinstated. If you printed out the listing, call the phone number, otherwise wait a week and look again. I had this happen with our listing and we were gone for almost 3 weeks...just disappeared like we had never been there at all.

Not a member?

JOIN THE COMMUNITY

Register Now

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• Best Answers - 4 points
  • Helpful Answers - 2 points