Skip navigation

Join the Vacation Rentals Conversation!

Get answers to all of your questions from fellow owners and travelers.

Join the CommunityX

CommunitySeek, Ask, and Share in the Vacation Rentals Community
969 Views 2 Replies Latest reply: Apr 14, 2012 7:45 PM by beartoothweb RSS
beartoothweb Contributor 39 posts since
Apr 11, 2012
Currently Being Moderated

Apr 11, 2012 1:04 PM

Newbie Considering Grand Cayman Property

Hi there, new here. My wife and I have been to Cayman many times, and absolutely love it. My kids are homeschooled, and I'm a web developer, so we can live and work pretty much any where.

We are considering buying a vacation home in Grand Cayman, but not one that would be a high-demand rental (on the beach). The plan would be to use it ourselves for 4-6 months a year, then offer it up as a lower cost option for a longer term rental. I don't know if there are a lot of people out there like us that would like to go for a month at a time when we rent.

For those of you that have been down this road for a while, can you offer any advice and/or "just say no" recommendations? We would not be able to pay cash for the property, but can easily afford the mortgage, assuming nothing happens. We would not be reliant on consistent rentals to pay for the property.

the other option for us is to attempt to find longer term (less expensive) rentals on the island. Would love to hear from you also that might have them.

Thank you!

Not a member?

JOIN THE COMMUNITY

Register Now

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)