Skip navigation

Join the Vacation Rentals Conversation!

Get answers to all of your questions from fellow owners and travelers.

Join the CommunityX

CommunitySeek, Ask, and Share in the Vacation Rentals Community
5455 Views 9 Replies Latest reply: Feb 6, 2014 10:24 AM by beekeepertobe RSS Branched from an earlier discussion.
New Member 9 posts since
Dec 4, 2011
Currently Being Moderated

Jan 9, 2012 2:11 PM

How Do I Turn Off Auto-Renewal?

I've looked again and the disable automatic renewal doesn't seem to be there any longer.  There is any option to see payments due in the next 3 months; however, my subscription expires in the summer. 

For information, I found the attached on the site:

Auto-renewal on VRBO.com

Auto-renewal applies to all subscriptions purchased by credit card on or after April 20, 2010.

When you make your next payment, your listing will be enrolled in auto-renewal. On the day of expiration, the listing will renew at the current renewal rate.

What's included

When auto-renewal is applied to your listing, here’s what’s included:

- 12-month subscription

- Your current subscription level

Turning off auto-renewal

You can turn off auto-renewal at anytime by logging in to your account and clicking Turn Off Auto-Renewal. Once you turn off auto-renewal, your subscription will remain active until the listing's expiration date. To renew your listing after you have turned off auto-renewal, you will need to renew it manually. Once you renew with a credit card, your listing will automatically opt back into auto-renewal and you will need to manually turn it off again

• marym Active Contributor 463 posts since
    Feb 10, 2011
    Jan 9, 2012 10:52 AM (in response to traffic)
    Re: VRBO not what it used to be...too bad!!

Mine is located toward the bottom of the Dashboard.  Right beside the "Renews on" date, there is the area where you can "Turn Off Auto-Renewal".   Hmmm, my paranoid radar is up again - could this be a view of things to come? 

• bobbie32 Senior Contributor 1,084 posts since
    May 21, 2011
    Jan 9, 2012 10:59 AM (in response to traffic)
    Re: VRBO not what it used to be...too bad!!

So If I understand what you are saying, you have to turn off auto-renew every year, if you opt to turn it off prior to your renewal each year. This is probably why I can no longer see the "turn off" feature.  So if I continue listing with VRBO, I will have to put a reminder in my calendar to turn the blasted thing off each year.  Pretty sneaky of them!

• travis HomeAway Employee 325 posts since
    May 2, 2011
    Jan 9, 2012 2:12 PM (in response to traffic)
    Re: How Do I Turn Off Auto-Renewal?

Hi everyone,

I just wanted to let you know that the steps to turn off auto-renewal on your VRBO.com account are still correct. If you did not pay for your listing using a credit card, then your account will not be enrolled in auto-renewal and you won’t see the link to turn it off. You also won’t see this link if you’ve already turned off auto-renewal. 

I hope this information is useful and please let me know if you have any further questions.

Travis

• msdebj Senior Contributor 1,362 posts since
      May 25, 2011
      Jan 9, 2012 2:42 PM (in response to travis)

travis, I just want to be able to verify that I am NOT on Auto renewal. How can I verify that?

And then, if I am NOT, will I receive an email in time  should I choose to renew manually- whatever that means.

It would  be great to see this verified in writing somewhere.

Thanks

Debj

• travis HomeAway Employee 325 posts since
        May 2, 2011
        Jan 9, 2012 3:33 PM (in response to msdebj)

If you don’t see the deactivation link, then your account isn’t set up to auto-renew. I doubled checked your account and it currently isn’t set to auto-renew. If you ever want to verify this, you can contact our Customer Support and they can tell you.

If you choose to manually renew, you’ll get email reminders around 28 days and 10 days before the renewal date.

Travis

• beekeepertobe New Member 2 posts since
    Feb 5, 2014
    Feb 5, 2014 6:23 PM (in response to traffic)

So it's now February 2014 and I've just signed up on VRBO. I'd like to disable the automatic renewal of my subscription and cannot find where to do it.

Travis, you still with the company? I'd like you to chime in here again please.

Not a member?

JOIN THE COMMUNITY

Register Now

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)