Skip navigation

Join the Vacation Rentals Conversation!

Get answers to all of your questions from fellow owners and travelers.

Join the CommunityX

CommunitySeek, Ask, and Share in the Vacation Rentals Community
2073 Views 3 Replies Latest reply: Aug 31, 2011 8:34 AM by meredith RSS
msdebj Senior Contributor 1,358 posts since
May 25, 2011
Currently Being Moderated

Aug 25, 2011 3:30 PM

Hurricane Irene

I just want to send good thoughts all my fellow HA & VRBO owners with property along the East Coast.  I'm sure many of you are scrambling right now, getting ready for the storm.  Hopefully, you and yours will be ok!

We've been lucky along the Gulf coast for the past couple of years, but I know eventually we'll have to deal with another storm.

We are activating our Red Cross Disaster crews here and they are deploying right now.  

I'd like to hear how all of you "weather the storm".  Best of luck to all of you!

Debj

• New Member 1 posts since
    Aug 28, 2011
    Aug 28, 2011 12:04 PM (in response to msdebj)
    Hurricane Irene

Hi Deb,

I am located in the heart of Weirs Beach, NH.  We are in a "State of Emergency" at this time and the winds are starting to pick up. It's been raining pretty hard for several hours, and praying that my home doesn't flood. I am four houses from the water. I own a furniture and mattress company located across from the world famous "Funspot" which is closeby to where I live. We have been forced to close our store due to the weather conditions, but look forward to a sunny week ahead!  Yeah!  Stay Safe.  Linda

• meredith HomeAway Employee 384 posts since
    Nov 18, 2010
    Aug 31, 2011 8:34 AM (in response to msdebj)
    Hurricane Irene

Hi Everyone,

Just wanted to point out this Group on Community dedicated to all vacation rental owners and travelers who may have been affected by Hurricane Irene. If you have been impacted or are just interested you can find good resources here.

Thanks,

Meredith

Not a member?

JOIN THE COMMUNITY

Register Now

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)