Skip navigation

Join the Vacation Rentals Conversation!

Get answers to all of your questions from fellow owners and travelers.

Join the CommunityX

CommunitySeek, Ask, and Share in the Vacation Rentals Community
1947 Views 4 Replies Latest reply: Oct 3, 2011 2:02 PM by leah RSS
kiawahcottage Community All-Star 375 posts since
Jan 1, 2011
Currently Being Moderated

Aug 4, 2011 3:30 PM

New HA dashboard feature

The second porch people have put a feature on the HA dashboard.  It says create buzz about your home publish a slideshow to FB.  It was pretty simple.  You have to give HA full access to your FB  (which is creepy) but it works well.  I just did it on my fan page and  although my pictures are not the best it came out surprisingly good.

I will probably put together some more albums and do  it again next week.  Also, I will see if I can get my guests to put up  some pics and turn them into a slideshow as well.

I would suggest you try this before they start charging for it!

I'm not sure if you have to log into FB to see it.

Paul

http://www.facebook.com/KiawahCottage

• rentallect Contributor 43 posts since
    Mar 1, 2011
    Aug 4, 2011 9:52 PM (in response to kiawahcottage)
    New HA dashboard feature

Creepy? Perhaps at first glance, but it's pretty common for third-party applications to integrate with Facebook. In fact, this 'ecosystem' is part of what makes Facebook succeed. As I discussed a few months ago, every month more than 250 million people engage with Facebook on external websites, and through application integrations.

By the way, you can see which applications you have authorized to interact with your Facebook account by logging into your account, then visiting https://www.facebook.com/settings?tab=applications. If you see something in your authorized list you don't like, or no longer need, you can easily remove the authorization.

Curt Tudor

CEO & Founder

Rentallect Vacation Rental Marketing

Those who 'Like' us
    are eligible for our Beta

• evansbnc New Member 14 posts since
    Feb 4, 2011
    Aug 10, 2011 4:37 PM (in response to kiawahcottage)
    New HA dashboard feature

I just tried it and uploaded a video to my property page on FB. It was easy and took < 3min.  I never noticed that link at the bottom of the HA Owner's dashboard.  Thanks for making us aware of it!

Brent

http://www.facebook.com/HilltopHideawayCabin

• New Member 6 posts since
    Sep 7, 2011
    Sep 21, 2011 10:59 AM (in response to kiawahcottage)
    New HA dashboard feature

Simple, yes.... What I expected? No.

We have 12 photos on our VRBO, plus our profile picture.  When I pressed the play button to see our slideshow, it just kept showing our profile picture over & over.  I published anyway.

When I go to my FB page, it simply links to VRBO.  Great to get people on my page, but still no slideshow.

Help?

• leah HomeAway Employee 9 posts since
      Nov 18, 2010
      Oct 3, 2011 2:02 PM (in response to jennifer.gageerickson)
      New HA dashboard feature

Hi Jennifer,

Glad to see you were able to use our new Facebook slideshow feature and that the process was simple.  I wanted to let you know that we were informed of the issue with your Owner Profile picture appearing as part of the slideshow, and we have since corrected this.  When you are ready to publish another slideshow, it will include your property photos.

Thanks for sharing your feedback via the Community and please keep us posted on any other questions.

Thanks,

Leah, Product Marketing Manager

Not a member?

JOIN THE COMMUNITY

Register Now

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)