Skip navigation

Join the Vacation Rentals Conversation!

Get answers to all of your questions from fellow owners and travelers.

Join the CommunityX

CommunitySeek, Ask, and Share in the Vacation Rentals Community

hill5185

just joined the community
hill5185 has no profile image available
Status Level:
Contributor Contributor (200 points)
Last Logged In:
Apr 16, 2014 8:50 AM
Primary Role:
Owner
My Property(s) are in:
United States
Where I advertise:
VRBO.com , HomeAway.com
Groups:
Rental Regulations Updates   ReservationManager Group   Social Media   Florida Owners   Owners   Cottage / Cabin Owners and Renters

Recent Activity

hill5185 replied to Will you Critique my listing?

"Tyann, I am a huge proponent of using professionals for professional jobs! I totally understand not having the budget as a start up VR to hi"

in New to Renting 93 replies
8 hours ago
hill5185 replied to State Business License - Display in Rental?

""conspicuous" is what is required by the state. I am licensed by the division of hotels and restaurants (TAP) transient apartment license. I"

in Taxes and Insurance 6 replies
10 hours ago
hill5185 replied to insurance coverage from cbiz

"Our package policy has a terrorism exclusion that must be signed. It's not an option. If terrorist become a threat near our  cottage I'm ima"

in New to Renting 3 replies
10 hours ago
hill5185 replied to State Business License - Display in Rental?

"Interestingly, the state inspector (FL) noted on our annual spot inspection recently "license not displayed in lobby or office". Same inspec"

in Taxes and Insurance 6 replies
20 hours ago
hill5185 replied to Adjoining Apartment

"We have a similar situation. The cottage has a door between two units and is licensed as a duplex. We never rent the "owner's unit".   The"

in Getting Your Home Ready 3 replies
2 days ago
hill5185 replied to I give up on Civility in the Community

"Hi katiej!   Thank you for weighing in on the topic. Are you assigned to the community as Beth's replacement? If so welcome. Look forward t"

in Interacting with Guests 43 replies
2 days ago
hill5185 replied to Do you speak your guests language?

"I receive and enjoy Matt's information sharing. I get it is business for him, but he appears to be a legitimate source of information in the"

in Interacting with Guests 14 replies
3 days ago
hill5185 replied to Landlord Insurance vs. Commercial Insurance

"stonemsp wrote:   we don't personally own our VR business it is owned by our LLC.   Do you file your rental income on the same IRS retur"

in New to Renting 42 replies
6 days ago

"Not sure about who established the "rule" . Many investment properties do not permitted to be owner occupied. This takes the thread complete"

6 days ago

"Stone-   Why would this be asked?  Seems odd - an owner can always occupy.  Have you ever heard otherwise?  If nothing else than to do repa"

6 days ago

"These are all true statements! And not just a "sales" pitch. Our attorney went through the exact verbiage with us when we were setting up ou"

6 days ago

"No I've never investigated CBIZ. I am happy to have insurance in FL and not going to test the fates   Phinney- curious how does a policy c"

6 days ago

"Very good statements, but unless the properties are in the same state, county and location quotes won't be effective. Our agent didn't chose"

6 days ago

"Lyod's is the underwriter for our Commercial Package: You need an agent to put the package together and send it off to the underwriter's. Th"

6 days ago

"We have a commercial policy with Lloyd's  $2000 + a year. Our licensing puts in a commercial category. And we have to carry a wind only poli"

6 days ago
hill5185 replied to Settings

"I use the "note" section all the time...it's my "other brain""

in New to Renting 51 replies
1 week ago
hill5185 replied to Getting guests to post reviews online

"We just initiated this at our cottage. I put the Ipad in a heavy duty Otter Box and loaded it with beach music too. We had a Bose Sound Link"

in Get More Bookings 25 replies
1 week ago

"Frustrating right? The customer service rep I spoke to explained it as "glitch" situation and would be addressed in "future" fixes. It's bee"

1 week ago

"Frustrating, but I have a work around...just would like the software gurus to fix it!"

1 week ago

"two bit-   "Yes, I can reply through dashboard with a BIN."     I am not experiencing any email system delays. Could you clarify if you ar"

1 week ago

"patpat-   The issue isn't with accepting a BIN request- the system appears to work on accepting request. The issue I am experiencing relat"

1 week ago

"Two Bit-   When you are dealing with a BIN request how are you emailing through the dashboard. I have been working through this situation f"

1 week ago

hill5185's Commonly Used Tags

Friends

hill5185 hasn't added any friends yet.

hill5185's Most Liked Content