Skip navigation

Join the Vacation Rentals Conversation!

Get answers to all of your questions from fellow owners and travelers.

Join the CommunityX

CommunitySeek, Ask, and Share in the Vacation Rentals Community
2218 Views 1 Reply Latest reply: Aug 19, 2011 6:27 PM by vacationlady RSS
New Member 1 posts since
Jul 28, 2011
Currently Being Moderated

Jul 28, 2011 3:25 PM

Guardian Insurance Services

Has anyone ever used Guardian Insurance Services for renter's property damage insurance?

  • Contributor 145 posts since
    May 12, 2011
    Currently Being Moderated
    Aug 19, 2011 6:27 PM (in response to lshakir)
    Guardian Insurance Services

    Yes, we have been using Guardian Insurance for almost a year.   After having several losses from guests damaging our home and not being protected I looked at several companies including the one that HA is using.  I elected to stay away from anything to do with HomeAway products because it makes me nervous to allow them to have too much control over my business. Would highly recommend them very pleased with the simple to use dashboard and how easy it is to process a policy.  They offer various levels of protection all the way up to $10,000 of protection for a stay. In order to rent my home a renter has to purchase the minimum coverage $1500.00 protection plan.  


    However, one thing I have recently encountered is a guest that told the that their own State Farm homeowners insurance would cover any damage to my home and that their son-in-law was an agent so they do not need the added protection. They said it was just a matter of getting some sort of waiver to there policy before they arrive.  I am in the process of researching this right now with asking my own agent..... but if anyone in the community is aware if this is true than that would be so helpful to be able to inform guests they have another option.

Not a member?


Register Now

More Like This

  • Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)


  • Best Answers - 4 points
  • Helpful Answers - 2 points