Skip navigation

Join the Vacation Rentals Conversation!

Get answers to all of your questions from fellow owners and travelers.

Join the CommunityX

CommunitySeek, Ask, and Share in the Vacation Rentals Community
3980 Views 8 Replies Latest reply: Jan 13, 2013 11:24 AM by tweeterdee2213 RSS
New Member 3 posts since
Nov 4, 2012
Currently Being Moderated

Nov 5, 2012 9:44 AM

Can't load photos from iPad

When I try To upload photos I get a popup telling me iPad doesn't support flash multiple upload and to press the continue button to upload one photo at a time but the continue button doesn't work and so it won't let me do anything!!!!!!!!

• bobbie32 Senior Contributor 1,084 posts since
    May 21, 2011
    Dec 16, 2012 12:23 PM (in response to speck)
    Re: Can't load photos from iPad

So can anyone tell me if an ipad displays only the VRBO mobile version for a listing?  I do not have an ipad, but do indeed have an iphone.  On an iphone, the VRBO version of any listing is the mobile version, even though the home page provides a link to the full version.  It does not allow one to see the full version for individual listings.  Thus, if you have a link to your own personal website, a traveler will not be able to access your website via the mobile version.

Thanks in advance to anyone willing to tell me what they see on their ipad. 

• scottr Contributor 205 posts since
      Aug 14, 2012
      Dec 17, 2012 12:12 PM (in response to bobbie32)

Hi Bobbie:

I opened a VRBO listing page on my iPad and got the full page.  I don't have an iPhone to compare the differences, but the iPad page looked the same as my desktop page.

Scott

• bobbie32 Senior Contributor 1,084 posts since
        May 21, 2011
        Dec 17, 2012 12:34 PM (in response to scottr)

Thanks Scott...very interesting.  I was under the impression that the operating system (OS 6.0.1) for an iphone was the same as for an ipad.  And I cannot get the full version for an individual listing to come up on my iphone.  There are no hyperlinks that are accessable and no link on the individual listing that takes you to the full version.  When I click on my listing from the full version, it says mobile.vrbo.com at the top.  Wish I knew why???  I also cannot edit from my iphone...can you edit from your ipad?

• scottr Contributor 205 posts since
          Aug 14, 2012
          Dec 17, 2012 5:58 PM (in response to bobbie32)

Bobbie: When devices connect to web sites, they pass something called a "User Agent String".  The web sites can read this string to determine what type of browser, OS ver and device is connecting (and lots of other things).  The User Agent String is different for iPhone and iPad (and Chrome, FF, IE, etc).  I don't know how the HA site works, but it is likely that they check for the iPhone only in the User Agent String when deciding to send you to the mobile version.  Yes, I am able to edit my listing if I log into the dashboard on the iPad.  Hope that helps.

Scott

• jacy HomeAway Employee 35 posts since
      Jul 25, 2012
      Dec 17, 2012 1:55 PM (in response to bobbie32)

Hi there,

I hope I can clear a couple things up for this group.

Let's start with the easy question:

"Can Travelers on a smartphone see the custom links that I set up on my property page?" - The answer is "No, not yet."

Next question:

"Can I upload a photo using my iPhone or iPad? If yes, then how?" - The answer is "Yes!"

Here's how:

1) Go to the "Photos" tab in the "Edit Listing" application in your Dashboard.

2) If you are on a mobile device that does not support flash, you will be asked if you want to continue. Select "continue".

continue.jpg

3) Press the "upload" button near the top left of the page (orange button)

upload.jpg

3) You will get a dialog box asking you to choose files, select "choose file"

choose file.jpg

5) Here is where this starts looking special for a mobile device. You will now see a dialog box specific to the mobile device you are using. These are for an iPad. I selected "Choose existing".

take photo.jpg

6) You should now see a few options depending on how photo albums are setup on your device.

my photos.jpg

7) I picked "Camera Roll" to choose from some photos I have on my iPad.

pick photo.jpg

8) Once I picked a photo, it took a few moments (up to a minute) to upload the photo. It's not going to tell you it's done - the page will reload and you will get the flash warning again. Please "continue".

continue.jpg

9) At this point, the photo is uploaded, but you must save the page in order for the photo to appear on your listing.

save.jpg

10) Once saved, it will appear in your list of photos at the bottom of the photo editor page, and will eventually appear on your advertisement.

photo 4[1].PNG

I tried this on an iPad with iOS 6.01 and on an iPhone 5 with iOS 6.01. Both allowed me to perform the above actions. I will admit it's not the most intuitive and easy process, but I am glad that it works for those of you who don't have a desktop.

Cheers,

Jacy

• New Member 12 posts since
    Dec 19, 2012
    Dec 25, 2012 12:05 PM (in response to speck)

No one has ever faced this uploading matter during uploading.Just let you know that there would be some error like software or a erros of your android operating system which is handling your phone in case of Iphone.Otherwise in case of ipod it would not be a matter except a software disfunctioning.

• alliee Contributor 45 posts since
    Jul 11, 2012
    Dec 26, 2012 3:05 AM (in response to speck)

There is a plug-in when their web applications which support for multiple file uploads.

Not a member?

JOIN THE COMMUNITY

Register Now

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• Best Answers - 4 points
  • Helpful Answers - 2 points