Skip navigation

Join the Vacation Rentals Conversation!

Get answers to all of your questions from fellow owners and travelers.

Join the CommunityX

CommunitySeek, Ask, and Share in the Vacation Rentals Community
5054 Views 18 Replies Latest reply: Sep 19, 2012 10:43 AM by scottr RSS
New Member 17 posts since
Sep 15, 2012
Currently Being Moderated

Sep 15, 2012 2:40 PM

How long does it take for a guest review to be posted?

HomeAway states that guest reviews wil lbe posted 2-3 days after submission, for a rating of 4 or 5 stars.  When I received my last review, I called after 5 days when it hadn't been posted.  I never got an explanation from support, just anote to try again. Of course when I checked, it was there.  Now it has been 9 days since a guest posted a 5 star review.  I'm not calling support, but am wondering how long it will take to get it posted.  I thought I would start a counter here to track their progress. 

Days since guest posted review:  9

Rox

• mlbmaine Active Contributor 933 posts since
    Mar 2, 2012
    Sep 15, 2012 3:10 PM (in response to roxi3)
    Re: How long does it take for a guest review to be posted?

Of course, I have no idea why it is taking HA so long to post this guest's review.  One possibility might be that HA is making the guest change something in the review.  In March 2012, I submitted a 5 star review on VRBO for a property that I had stayed at in Moab, Utah.  VRBO rejected it at first because they said it contained "personal information" and was against their guidelines.  They did not specify what they felt was personal.  I re-read what I had written and couldn't identify what they felt was personal.  I had stated that I and a group of women friends had stayed at the condo to celebrate "a friend's 60th birthday."  I rewrote the review and deleted "60th"  - I simply said that we had stayed at the condo to celebrate "a friend's birthday."  Voila!  VRBO accepted the review.  Have you seen the text of the review?  Any chance that there could be something in it that VRBO finds objectionable?

• anja Senior Contributor 1,560 posts since
    Aug 9, 2011
    Sep 17, 2012 4:07 PM (in response to roxi3)

All  I know is that something isn't as it should be, lately......

Guests who checked out over 2 weeks ago, tried and tried several times from their desk-top computer, their laptop and their computer from their work place to submit a review  but their review was not "going through"  (that was the expression they used).  They told me that they would write a review for me....so I didn't know why it wasn't happening....perhaps they forgot, I wondered....so I contacted them about it ...and they said that they had been trying many times to get it submitted, but to no avail. 

That was the day after the last "upgrade"....so I asked them to wait a few days and then try again....which is now well over a week ago (no?) ....and  I just got an email from the guests last night...Sept 14th at 11:44 pm...and was told that they "finally were able to submit". I am so grateful that they were willing to go through such trial and error so many times ...!!!   They told me  that they received 2 followup emails for confimation from VRBO after their review "submitted"  ---- (why 2 confirmation emails?)

P.S. I'm not  a happy camper today because I just discovered that my entire Rates Details section is "GONE" from my website,  including my Hawaii Tax I.D. # which I must list, by law!  Eight lines of information in my "Rate Detail" section was wiped away by "The System". And...my listing is no longer showing up in "searches"....my husband and I have been "searching" for our property ....like a traveller would....and we do not "appear"....and we've been  listing on VRBO since 2001 ....with a lower listing number!

We  never had a single 'glitch' with our listing since 2001 !!! ...until now. 

• scottr Contributor 205 posts since
    Aug 14, 2012
    Sep 19, 2012 10:43 AM (in response to roxi3)

It went live! Day 13

Not a member?

JOIN THE COMMUNITY

Register Now

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)