Skip navigation

Join the Vacation Rentals Conversation!

Get answers to all of your questions from fellow owners and travelers.

Join the CommunityX

CommunitySeek, Ask, and Share in the Vacation Rentals Community
2040 Views 4 Replies Latest reply: Jun 25, 2011 7:05 PM by sowellfleetian RSS
New Member 1 posts since
Mar 15, 2011
Currently Being Moderated

Mar 15, 2011 10:10 PM

internet problems

I am having some problems with my internet connection at my rental units lately.  It seems that our current tenants use the internet 24/7 and the internet router is constantly overheated and turns off.  When this happens our tenants seem to require emergency and immediate attention.  It is impossible for me to have someone working around the clock for something like this and I do mention that the internet service is a free service.  We do attend to this issue first thing the next business day.  Does anyone have similar problems or any advice on how to deal with this matter?

• firstgreen Contributor 23 posts since
    Mar 7, 2011
    Mar 17, 2011 5:19 PM (in response to elementi)
    internet problems

I would replace the router.

Failing that I would include in your terms that internet is available subject to technical availability.

• sophie Senior Contributor 969 posts since
    Mar 4, 2011
    Mar 17, 2011 10:52 PM (in response to elementi)
    internet problems

This is a paragraph in my contract:

HIGH SPEED WIRELESS INTERNET & CABLE TV

is provided as a convenience only and is not integral to the lease. No refund of rents shall be given for outages, content, lack of content, speed, access problems, lack of knowledge of use, or personal preferences with regard to services.

• amyg Active Contributor 323 posts since
      Dec 10, 2010
      Mar 18, 2011 9:45 AM (in response to sophie)
      internet problems

I agree, replace the router if it's prone to overheating.  Being preemptive will give you peace of mind, fewer phone calls for help and your guests a better experience.  A decent router should cost you about $50.  You can always keep the old one in the owner's closet as a back up if it's still functional.  Also, be sure to provide a blue ethernet cable so that if your WIFI does go down, they can plug in directly to the modem and still have a connection.

• New Member 11 posts since
      Jun 20, 2011
      Jun 25, 2011 7:05 PM (in response to sophie)
      internet problems

Hi Sophie,

Thanks for the paragraph of info RE: internet/Cable TV. At the height of season, the Outer Cape Suffers Bandwith issues regardless of the endless calls I make to Comcast. This paragraph certainly helps buffer complaints I often have to couch every summer. Very helpful

Not a member?

JOIN THE COMMUNITY

Register Now

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)