Skip navigation

Join the Vacation Rentals Conversation!

Get answers to all of your questions from fellow owners and travelers.

Join the CommunityX

CommunitySeek, Ask, and Share in the Vacation Rentals Community
827 Views 1 Reply Latest reply: Jul 29, 2012 1:06 PM by amyg RSS
New Member 5 posts since
Aug 19, 2011
Currently Being Moderated

Jul 27, 2012 9:53 PM

What kind of permits do I need for Gatlinburg rentals

Hey does anyone know where I need to go to get the right permits, etc... to rent a cabin in Gatlinburg area?  Does anyone have a link to all the regulation and tax collection information?

  • amyg Active Contributor 323 posts since
    Dec 10, 2010

    My cabins are in Sevier County so I'm not familiar with the protocol for permits in the city of Gatlinburg.  Call the city and ask them for help with a start-up overnight vacation rental.  I know you have to have a lodging permit which is based on number of bedrooms, plus an annual fire code inspection.  You have to display your permit sticker in the property at all times.  I believe they can also help you with setting up your Gatlinburg lodging tax account.  You'll also need to collect the state sales tax so check with the city to see how to go about getting both of those done.  I'm not sure if one needs to be set up before the other, like I did for Sevier County.  A business license is usually the first order of business and then you set up your tax collection accounts from there.  Good luck!

Not a member?


Register Now

More Like This

  • Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)


  • Best Answers - 4 points
  • Helpful Answers - 2 points