Skip navigation

Join the Vacation Rentals Conversation!

Get answers to all of your questions from fellow owners and travelers.

Join the CommunityX

CommunitySeek, Ask, and Share in the Vacation Rentals Community
1712 Views 2 Replies Latest reply: Jul 17, 2012 7:27 AM by lakeguy RSS
New Member 1 posts since
Jul 13, 2012
Currently Being Moderated

Jul 13, 2012 9:50 AM

Receiving Payments for Rentals

I have recently joined VRBO and, after my first rental, realized that the VRBO / Reservations Manager credit card system holds owners funds for weeks (months if the reservation is months away and the traveler makes a downpayment). Its been 7 business days since my traveler checked out...no transfer of funds to me yet. The first payment made by them was 24 days ago. I've never heard of anything like this before in my life and I'm 53 and been in business a long time. It looks like the forced escrow system is a sly way for VRBO to hold owners money a rediculously long time...which is how all credit card companies make money.

I don't want to give away all my profits by signing up for some other payment processor with monthly fees, but I will if it means I get my money 4 weeks to 6 months faster. What other systems are folks using to accomplish payments without using VRBO's escrow system?

Bob

• New Member 5 posts since
    Jul 13, 2012
    Jul 13, 2012 5:09 PM (in response to bobt1229)
    Re: Receiving Payments for Rentals

Did you call VRBO ?   I get the money deposited within 4 days on average and find the reservation system very simple to use.

• lakeguy New Member 18 posts since
      Jul 13, 2012
      Jul 17, 2012 7:27 AM (in response to newtome)
      Re: Receiving Payments for Rentals

I have a problem with vacationrentpayments and vrbo as well. The simple story is that on 7/3 credit card payment was made, tenant checked in and left on time. Disbursement was to be made on 7/9, and as of 7/16 no disubursement was made. I've attempted to refund the payment through Reservation Manager, and it indicated that it was done, but that hasn't cleared the bank yet, so I don't know if it actually happened. I've talked with vacationrentpayments (866-210-6016) several times and the word today is that "everyone whose funds are in escrow is affected", "hundreds are affected," "VRBO and vacationrentpayments are having meetings everyday." When I asked straight out "Should I be taking any more credit card payments?" The statement was that "I wouldn't do it until this is resolved."  So If hundreds are affected, why is there not a general uprising among vrbo clients to get vacationrentpayments to start sending us paper checks. They know that the funds were paid into their accounts, so why should we be waiting for a computer programmer who has no vested interest in our bottom line to troubleshoot his program? Just send us our money!

Not a member?

JOIN THE COMMUNITY

Register Now

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (1)