Skip navigation

Join the Vacation Rentals Conversation!

Get answers to all of your questions from fellow owners and travelers.

Join the CommunityX

CommunitySeek, Ask, and Share in the Vacation Rentals Community
702 Views 0 Replies Latest reply: Jul 9, 2012 1:28 PM by jenn.miller RSS
New Member 2 posts since
May 24, 2012
Currently Being Moderated

Jul 9, 2012 1:28 PM

Help! HomeAway has held payment for 10 days!!

I booked my first reservation using Reservation Manager for a check-in date of Friday, June 29th.  Based  2-3 business day after check-in turn arround in payment processing listed on HomeAway.com's site, we told the guests that we would get their deposit back to them 5 days after check-out, figuring that would be plenty of time. When I hadn't received the payment into my account (required to refund security deposit) by the next Thursday, July 5, I called HomeAway to see what was happening.  The rep stated that the actual processing time was 24 hours on the first business day after the person checks-in, and THEN an additional 2-3 business days on top of that, making it 3-4 business days, for all intents and purposes. She explained that I should have the deposit on Friday, July 6 or Monday, July 9.  It is now Monday, July 9 and the deposit still hasn't come through. I called HomeAway again and was told this time that payment processing takes 24 hrs + 3-5 business days!! What!!  I pointed out that this contridicts what their website says and she just said "yeah, we're trying to fix that." What the heck!! You can't promise one thing on your site and then deliver another without even an apology or attempt to rectify!  I asked if she could write my guest directly to explain that the delay in returning the deposit was the fault of HomeAway and not the homeowner, but she said it wasn't possible, so I asked to speak to a manager. After waiting on hold for a few minutes I was put through to the voicemail of Everett Jenkins and am currently waiting to hear back from him.

Does anyone have a solution for dealing with HomeAway's false advertising on this? I've communicated with the guest about the delay, but if I were them I'd be getting nervous.  This is a brand new listing and the last thing we need is negative comments about our returning deposits late.  Next time I guess I'll push people to go through Paypal, as they process payments in just a few hours, rather than 10+ days.

Not a member?

JOIN THE COMMUNITY

Register Now

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• Best Answers - 4 points
  • Helpful Answers - 2 points