Skip navigation

Join the Vacation Rentals Conversation!

Get answers to all of your questions from fellow owners and travelers.

Join the CommunityX

CommunitySeek, Ask, and Share in the Vacation Rentals Community
2113 Views 4 Replies Latest reply: Jun 19, 2012 9:54 PM by anja RSS
twobitrentals Community All-Star 1,362 posts since
Aug 5, 2011
Currently Being Moderated

Jun 23, 2012 2:26 PM

The inquiry for parties...new years, etc

maybe some of you have already addressed this. My website specifically states NO PARTIES! Is there another way to get this point across. I just got an e-mail for new years

I just responded that I don't allow parties. Any suggestions?

• msdebj Senior Contributor 1,362 posts since
    May 25, 2011
    Jun 14, 2012 3:55 PM (in response to twobitrentals)
    Re: The inquiry for parties...new years, etc

Wendy, I had to laugh!  It takes HOW long to paint a place? And I had a heart pine floor completely redone in 4 days!   I think this fellow is pulling your leg. I'd decline his reservation request.

Stick to your guns! Your NO parties clause is a good one. (How in the heck could you ever know if there was alcohol or not?)

I've rented over New Years before but to people I've vetted via phone calls, etc. I find a way to  prefer older couples and have had no problems.

Some people are so silly. They must think we're idiots~!

Debj

• anja Senior Contributor 1,560 posts since
    Aug 9, 2011
    Jun 15, 2012 6:29 PM (in response to twobitrentals)

NO PARTIES! That's pretty clear.    {I have the same notice. ....yes, I'm a party pooper.}

By the way...non-alcoholic doesn't rule out other  "stimulants"....but that's not even the point.

I have to mention this:

I always had "no smoking" policy....but currently in my location, I'm now getting residents requesting accommodation for "the weekend"  {I don't do weekend stays}......and they are telling me that they have a medical marajuana prescription from their doctor, so I should waive my policy.   Pa-leeeze.

So, I've updated my "offer" to cover that too.   What's next?

• anja Senior Contributor 1,560 posts since
        Aug 9, 2011
        Jun 19, 2012 9:54 PM (in response to twobitrentals)

Yup, alcohol inebriated guests are the obvious no no....but there are other ways to "get  happy".   Medical marajuana is "the thing" now.    Any minute now, someone will try to raise an  issue over this when an owner is confronted with it, e.g. if they produce a doctor's note!

So, my contract states something like,  "....ref. medical marajuana - a doctor's note will not work for our private rental home.

Another thing I also added to my info after I was confronted with it on my property.    This is disgusting:  I had one guest, a guy from Holland with his girlfriend.  Very nice couple. But, we discovered that he chewed tobacco.  Disgusting!   We found blobs of it that he spat out around the perimeter of the deck!!!    Revolting.

So, now I have a smoke-free, tobacco-free, medical marajuana free rental policy  {doctor's note is not accepted here}....just in case I'm  covering the bases.

Not a member?

JOIN THE COMMUNITY

Register Now

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• Best Answers - 4 points
  • Helpful Answers - 2 points