Skip navigation

Join the Vacation Rentals Conversation!

Get answers to all of your questions from fellow owners and travelers.

Join the CommunityX

CommunitySeek, Ask, and Share in the Vacation Rentals Community
10721 Views 10 Replies Latest reply: Apr 26, 2013 1:11 AM by alliee RSS
New Member 1 posts since
Jun 10, 2012
Currently Being Moderated

Jun 10, 2012 1:42 PM

How to add places to map?

Hello,

I'm creating my first listing on vrbo, and I'm not sure how to add nearby places to my map? Currently my map only shows my property locations, but I would like to add some nearby places like I've seen on other listings.

Thanks for any help.

• New Member 11 posts since
    Jun 1, 2012
    Jun 11, 2012 12:56 PM (in response to srirams)
    Re: How to add places to map?

Me too,  me too,  Sorry to steal your question but I want to get the e-mail notification when an answer is posted!   Thanks  :-)

• travis HomeAway Employee 325 posts since
    May 2, 2011
    Jun 11, 2012 3:38 PM (in response to srirams)

Hi srirams,

We're working on some improvements to the way Points of Interest are displayed on your VRBO.com map.

In the mean time, you won't be able to edit any Points of Interest on your map for the next few months. Travelers will still see any points of interest that were saved to listings before April 1.

We look forward to announcing substantial improvements to this tool soon. Thanks for your patience and please let me know if you have any further quesitons.

Travis

• New Member 1 posts since
      Jan 3, 2013
      Jan 3, 2013 8:57 PM (in response to travis)

On June 11, 2012 Travis said that HA was working on the way Points of Interest are displayed on the VRBO site, and that HA looks forward to announcing substantial improvements to this tool 'soon'.

Today is Jan 3, 2013 and I have not been able to find any updates to this topic that describes when or how we can add Points of Interest to the Owners Map.

Does anyone have any word on when we will be able/how to do it?  It is very frustrating to me that many older listings of competitive properties in my area have this feature, but we new advertisers are unable to add POIs.

Thanks to anyone willing to share an update!

Wayne

• crescentbeach4u Community All-Star 862 posts since
      Sep 10, 2011
      Mar 21, 2013 1:21 PM (in response to travis)

Travis, would you give us an updat on this feature please.  Thank you,

Doug

• carol Senior Contributor 2,140 posts since
    Dec 10, 2010
    Mar 21, 2013 1:58 PM (in response to srirams)

According to info on the Product Updates group, HA is about to release a new guide feature where owners can create their own online "guidebook" with maps and points of interest near their homes.   You can see a sample

here

I think they've stopped  working on the old map in order to offer this new product, which seems to have many more features.  

• mlbmaine Active Contributor 896 posts since
      Mar 2, 2012
      Mar 21, 2013 2:11 PM (in response to carol)

Hi Carol - I bet you're correct.  I can certainly see why travelers would appreciate an online guidebook.  I have prepared a guidebook for my guests that I leave at the cottage.  I'm not sure that I want to post it online so that my competitors (who may not have taken the time to prepare a guidebook for their guests) receive the benefit of my hard work.

• thale HomeAway Employee 136 posts since
    Oct 27, 2010
    Apr 26, 2013 12:21 AM (in response to srirams)

HI there

The new insider guides feature is now live - it replaces Points of Interest on VRBO and introduces the idea of creating  a custom guide to market your area and your property to HomeAway.

These guides are electronic online versions of the "black binder" you leave in your VR - and their accessible to your travelers. Happy travelers means good reviews!

Read about it here:

tom

• alliee Contributor 45 posts since
      Jul 11, 2012
      Apr 26, 2013 1:11 AM (in response to thale)

Thanks for your update thale! Finally we come across the update regarding adding place to the map on VRBO. I think with the getting insider guide live, it could sort out the problem and support to market the area and property to HomeAway.

Not a member?

JOIN THE COMMUNITY

Register Now

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• Best Answers - 4 points
  • Helpful Answers - 2 points