Skip navigation

Join the Vacation Rentals Conversation!

Get answers to all of your questions from fellow owners and travelers.

Join the CommunityX

CommunitySeek, Ask, and Share in the Vacation Rentals Community
910 Views 1 Reply Latest reply: May 22, 2012 10:56 PM by carol RSS
New Member 1 posts since
May 16, 2012
Currently Being Moderated

May 16, 2012 6:53 PM

Looking for a Rental - GA/Tybee

I wish that there was a space on VRBO for people looking for a rental that may have cancellations without going thru each listing everyday.We have jobs that we usually do not know when we will be able to get away until a month out at the most. If we could just post what we are looking - owner could do a small search to see if anyone was available to rent if they have an opening. We go thru this every year - so frustrating.

• carol Senior Contributor 2,158 posts since
    Dec 10, 2010
    Currently Being Moderated
    May 22, 2012 10:56 PM (in response to seekingrentalga)
    Re: Looking for a Rental - GA/Tybee

I'm confused.  Why can't you enter your desired location and dates into the search boxes for Homeaway.com or vrbo.com and see what's available?  Even if you have to repeat it daily, it's really not that onerous to type in a city, state, and two dates. 

Unfortunately for you, most owners work ahead on a much longer time frame than one month.  My guests can cancel up to 2 months ahead with no penalty, no sooner, so the cancellations I post will be posted at least 2 months out.  My guess is you are not going to see many late cancellations for travel in the next month because the original travelers would be stuck with the bill if they cancel so late.  It does happen, but rarely.  You are more likely to pick up new listings as they come on the market instead of cancellations. 

Maybe you could consider traveling to a less popular tourist area where there may be plenty of vacancies even one month out.

Not a member?

JOIN THE COMMUNITY

Register Now

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)