Skip navigation

Join the Vacation Rentals Conversation!

Get answers to all of your questions from fellow owners and travelers.

Join the CommunityX

CommunitySeek, Ask, and Share in the Vacation Rentals Community
1839 Views 1 Reply Latest reply: May 18, 2012 2:10 PM by joni.kahn RSS
New Member 1 posts since
May 17, 2012
Currently Being Moderated

May 18, 2012 2:07 PM

Ukraine scammers still working overtime!

I, too, received an inquiry from a Nicole FXXXXX (fXXXXXa@live.com) for a rental of my home.

The typical red flags:  flexible on the week, house too big for 2 people, check being sent for more then asking price.

I strung her along for a few weeks asking for more info, a signed contract etc.  I have no intention of depositing the bad check but want to find a way to stop her from attempting this again to others.  Is there anyone I can contact, or do I just call it a day.

Ed & Nancy

• New Member 1 posts since
    May 17, 2012
    Currently Being Moderated
    May 18, 2012 2:10 PM (in response to capecodnad)
    Re: Ukraine scammers still working overtime!

has anybody heard from a Vladyslav GXXXX from the Ukraine? He actually called and talked to me regarding my rental since I did not respond, nor did I receive, his inquiry. Makes me a bit suspicious that maybe VRBO is blocking him for the SCAM? His story is his parents, sister and two kids want to stay for a specific 18 days...next month. I've gotten the other emails about checks and refunding and sending too much $ etc. but this ones seems legitemit (sp?)...even gave a phone number when I asked? Just doing my homework...I hate to stereotype the Ukraine citizens but...?

Thanks

Joni

Not a member?

JOIN THE COMMUNITY

Register Now

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)