Skip navigation

Join the Vacation Rentals Conversation!

Get answers to all of your questions from fellow owners and travelers.

Join the CommunityX

CommunitySeek, Ask, and Share in the Vacation Rentals Community
1716 Views 3 Replies Latest reply: May 14, 2012 2:22 PM by travis RSS
New Member 12 posts since
Jul 2, 2011
Currently Being Moderated

May 13, 2012 10:37 AM

SO frustrated i am ready to cancel my HA listing but i can't even get in to do it

for weeks now i have not been able to get into my listing on our new rental to edit it.  i had started a listing and then every time i went in to edit and add to it, i would have a NEW listing number that prompted me to start all over again.  i have called, i have emailed, all to no avail.  NOW, when i log into my account, i can't even see my dashboard.  again an email and a feedback email and NOTHING.  i am ready to just go in and cancel the listing but i can't even get to my dashboard to do that.  i am so done with the lack of customer service.  we have had another rental house with a VRBO and HA listing for 10+ years now.  we bought this new house a few months ago.  We have a VRBO listing for it.  the trouble started when i went to get the $75 discount to open a HA listing for the new house.  when i search the initial listing number for the new house (981355) i can see it, but it has typos and wrong pics etc and it makes me look like i dont' care much about my advertising if i have these wrong things on it.  but i can't get in there to fix it and add some info!!  and i am not sure who paid for the listing since i did not and when i called and actually got through to a VRBO person, she couldn't help me but to tell me that someone must have paid for it and the email address they have on file was some weird one i had never heard of.  i have even emailed the prior owner of the house to see if he got the emails and maybe paid for the listing (i'm assuming he did if he had an auto renew option with a current credit card).

i am so beyond frustrated but all i can do is sit here and wonder when someone from HA will actually help me...

anyone else having trouble seeing their dashboard??

• Contributor 233 posts since
    Dec 26, 2011

It's been a while since I created my HA listing (added after my VRBO listing).  I seem to recall that it did take some time before my listing went live and that I was able to edit my listing since it had to first be "approved" by homeaway.  I think it was at least 10 days, but not weeks.  I just checked the 981355 listing # and see Dillon vacation rental.  Is that your listing?  If it's live, you should be able to edit it.  Are you saying that the previous owner of house had a HA listing that you transferred to your account?  If not, how would HA know he had any connection to you/your new house?  Sorry you are in this vicious circle issue.  Just continue to send them emails/calls and perhaps one of their employees reading this post will step in to help you.  Just focus on your VRBO ads for now if you can.

• travis HomeAway Employee 325 posts since
    May 2, 2011

Hi pineypointchalet,

I'm sorry to hear you're having issues editing your new HomeAway.com listing and I apologize for the inconvenience this has caused. I see you've submitted a support request and I just wanted to let you know that a member of our Customer Support team will be contacting you very soon.

Travis

Not a member?

JOIN THE COMMUNITY

Register Now

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)