Skip navigation

Join the Vacation Rentals Conversation!

Get answers to all of your questions from fellow owners and travelers.

Join the CommunityX

CommunitySeek, Ask, and Share in the Vacation Rentals Community
1112 Views 2 Replies Latest reply: May 13, 2012 10:52 AM by missmissy RSS
missmissy New Member 23 posts since
Jan 15, 2012
Currently Being Moderated

May 13, 2012 1:09 AM

Mystery of VRBO's Tiered Subscription Structure

I see that I can pay double and get better ranking but I don't really understand where that would get me.  Currently, I am roughly number 65 of 75.  If I paid to be in the top teir, how do I know that I won't be number 50 of 75?  Is there some way to tell who is in what teir so I can see what the extra $$$ will buy me?

• kiawahcottage Community All-Star 375 posts since
    Jan 1, 2011
    Currently Being Moderated
    May 13, 2012 5:37 AM (in response to missmissy)
    Re: Mystery of VRBO's Tiered Subscription Structure

Hi missmissy,

Log in to your account.  On the lower right you should see "renew now".  Click it and it should calculate your current position.  Pick the highest level (or any in between) and it should recalculate your position at that price.

I list at the lowest level. That makes me 20 out of 22 in my neighborhood and 487 out of 615 on my island.   The highest level would make me 1 in my neighborhood but still only 70 on the island, so really not worth it to me. 

I probably wouldn't do it anyway.  I am of the opinion that once travelers start using filters a lot of the benefit of a higher position just go away.  Also, it's not like they make it hard to send out 10, 20, 30 inquiries or more.  I get plenty of inquiries and a fair amount of bookings.  I really get the feeling that they are shopping for a lower price as much as anything else.

One thing I am sure of.  It does help the bottom line... for VRBO!

Paul

Not a member?

JOIN THE COMMUNITY

Register Now

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• Best Answers - 4 points
  • Helpful Answers - 2 points