Skip navigation

Join the Vacation Rentals Conversation!

Get answers to all of your questions from fellow owners and travelers.

Join the CommunityX

CommunitySeek, Ask, and Share in the Vacation Rentals Community
2434 Views 3 Replies Latest reply: May 7, 2012 10:26 PM by carol RSS
stjvilla Active Contributor 626 posts since
May 27, 2011
Currently Being Moderated

May 7, 2012 9:25 AM

Have you added a floor plan to listing?

We would really like to have a floor plan on our HomeAway and VRBO listings.  Any suggestions on how to do this?  Is this a feature the sites might add in the future?

Our house has 2 master suites but can sleep 7.  We get quite a few inquiries from 3 couples which isn't ideal as the extra beds are twin couches more suitable for kids in the party.  If we had a floor plan, it would be clear to those looking at the house.

• lrbaldwin Active Contributor 757 posts since
    Feb 16, 2011
    May 7, 2012 11:08 AM (in response to stjvilla)
    Re: Have you added a floor plan to listing?

You could add a floor plan as jpegs to your images on VRBO.  If you already have a floor plan, just scan it and convert it to jpeg.  VRBO's image size looks to be big enough to handle that.  I used Photoshop and Dreamweaver to make a floor plan with hot spots that I put on our personal site.  It's interactive such that when you click on a room or area, you will be taken to a page with pictures of that area.  You could also just do a hand drawn floor plan and scan it as a jpeg.  VRBO does allow you to have 2 links on your listing, so you could actually make a whole page for the plan if you have some place to host it.  Here's what mine looks like: ChatterboxToo Interactive Floor Plan

Linda

• carol Senior Contributor 2,160 posts since
    Dec 10, 2010
    May 7, 2012 10:26 PM (in response to stjvilla)
    Re: Have you added a floor plan to listing?

I used Paintshop pro to make floorplans of each floor, but any drawing program will work just fine -- do you have any drawing programs on your computer for your kids to use?  You can also use PowerPoint (insert shapes) and then save the picture as .jpg.   I display them on my own webpage and find that guests really appreciate them.  Here's an example.  floor1.jpg

I do love the idea of making the floorplans clickable. 

Not a member?

JOIN THE COMMUNITY

Register Now

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• Best Answers - 4 points
  • Helpful Answers - 2 points