Skip navigation

Join the Vacation Rentals Conversation!

Get answers to all of your questions from fellow owners and travelers.

Join the CommunityX

CommunitySeek, Ask, and Share in the Vacation Rentals Community
4258 Views 4 Replies Latest reply: May 3, 2012 5:52 AM by dsp RSS
New Member 3 posts since
Jun 20, 2011
Currently Being Moderated

Jun 20, 2011 11:41 AM

Does anyone have contract addendums for pools and home gyms?

Thanks

• I have a pool at my beach house overseas and had to add more information on my contract based on prior negative experience. I assume the process will be the same for gyms.

I would start writing an Exhibit to the Rental Agreement, "which is an integral part of this Agreement". And use this process:

1- Liabilities: Ensure you transfer the liability to the guess for the use, and always restrict (uder adult supervision) or prohibit children (at the gym), if there is a problem, it is their problem.
    2- Identify what are your largest wear and tear items, I had to include that if they go in the pool without washing off the sand and damages the pool filter or clogs the system, they will be charged.
    3- What are the thing the guest can abuse (such as leaving the jacuzzy pump on at all times, etc) and define what is acceptable and what will be charged to the guest
    4- Have the guest accept the equipment in working condition within X hours of check in, or they will be responsible of any breakdowns.

I have my beach house in a country where electricity is extremely expensive, so one way I control abuse is by limiting the energy usage to X kWH, and the guest pays any excess at $0.50/kWH, so if they abuse any equipment, they will end up paying in electricity. This may not work in the US market.

I hope it works,

Gabriel

• meredith HomeAway Employee 384 posts since
    Nov 18, 2010
    Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 28, 2011 4:30 PM (in response to dsp)

Hi dsp,

We recommend including a clause in your rental agreement about pool rules, you can read more about it here.

Thanks,

Meredith

Not a member?

JOIN THE COMMUNITY

Register Now

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• Best Answers - 4 points
  • Helpful Answers - 2 points