Skip navigation

Join the Vacation Rentals Conversation!

Get answers to all of your questions from fellow owners and travelers.

Join the CommunityX

CommunitySeek, Ask, and Share in the Vacation Rentals Community
1452 Views 1 Reply Latest reply: Dec 9, 2012 6:15 PM by seattlevacation RSS
New Member 1 posts since
Apr 27, 2012
Currently Being Moderated

Apr 27, 2012 9:02 AM

Updating Calendar with HTML or Script

I keep track of my bookings using Bookerville.com.  It is my master calendar and I do not want to change that because bookerville offers a complete set of tools that allow online booking by clients, reports and other features.

I am also a Web Developer by trade.  I am in close contact with the developer of Bookerville and he is willing to work with me on the problem.

What I want to do is to programatically update by reservation dates in my vacationsrentals.com listing with information I have in bookerville in realtime using only software calls.  I read the following article which give me hope that all homeaway site use the same technology for their calendars. 

http://www.rentbyownerguide.com/2011/10/syncing-homeaway-connect-calendar-with.html

But, the article only give you a way of exporting the homeaway dates to any other calendar like Outlook, Google calendars etc.  I would like to do something similar in the other direction.  I would like to update the homeaway calendar by calling a link with parameters or by other means.

Any help would be appreciated.  Remember, I am a developer working with another developer from Bookerville, so I don't mind getting my hands dirty with code, html, scripting etc...

Thanks

• Contributor 32 posts since
    Dec 9, 2012
    Currently Being Moderated
    Dec 9, 2012 6:15 PM (in response to fab.mir)
    Re: Updating Calendar with HTML or Script

I believe the key will be getting bookerville to work out an API with Homeaway.  My software does push to HomeAway, but that is because they have integrated (Bookt). 

I highly doubt with the 100s of thousands of customers HA has that they won't work on an individual bases, partially for security reasons.  If bookerville gets large enough they may be able to pay HA for the right to an API.

Darik Eaton

Seattle Oasis Vacation Rentals

http://SeattleOasisVacations.com

Not a member?

JOIN THE COMMUNITY

Register Now

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)