Skip navigation

Join the Vacation Rentals Conversation!

Get answers to all of your questions from fellow owners and travelers.

Join the CommunityX

CommunitySeek, Ask, and Share in the Vacation Rentals Community
3002 Views 8 Replies Latest reply: May 22, 2012 4:43 PM by jennifer RSS
jennifer HomeAway Employee 15 posts since
Nov 23, 2010
Currently Being Moderated

Apr 23, 2012 12:07 PM

HomeAway Summit - Social Media Workshop Follow-Up

Hi everyone - For those of you who were able to attend the Social Media Workshop on Friday we hope that you got a few good takeaways and ideas for how to either start or enhance your social media marketing efforts!  There were so many great questions from that audience that it's going to take a little while for us to do all of our follow-up!

We will be creating more how-to videos and several blog posts based on topics and questions that were brought up during the workshop.  We'd also love to know what else you'd like for us to cover in this group.

Feel free to leave us comments on this discussion thread or comments on any of the material and presentations from Friday.

Thanks to everyone who attended and we look forward to continuing the conversation here!

Jennifer

HomeAway Social Media Manager

• amyg Active Contributor 323 posts since
    Dec 10, 2010
    Apr 23, 2012 12:25 PM (in response to jennifer)
    Re: HomeAway Summit - Social Media Workshop Follow-Up

Jennifer, I'll definitely be interested in anything you post from the workshop.  Thank you for sharing with those of us who couldn't attend.  Your pre-summit posts inspired me to develop a Pinterest page for our cabins on Facebook.  I googled how to incorporate a Pinterest link on the FB page and it works beautifully.  As soon as I get more content posted on the boards, I'll post a message to our FB followers so they know they can click the Pinterest logo and go directly to our pins, if they haven't already.  The Pinterest logo is pretty prominent--you can't miss it LOL

If anyone's interested, you can see it at our FB page http://www.facebook.com/bluemistcabins

Amy

• marilyn Active Contributor 459 posts since
    Nov 9, 2011
    Apr 25, 2012 5:26 PM (in response to jennifer)

Hi Jennifer

I attended the conference and quite frankly the highlight of it was your seminar. Thank you for your patience in answering everyone's questions. Thank you for explaining the various social media options. And thank you very much for telling us about all of the various apps available to help us.

The information which you imparted to us might have taken us months research on the Internet.

A great job well done.

Marilyn

Www.hamptonhouseproperties.info

Www.hamptonhouseproperties.com

• New Member 2 posts since
    Apr 25, 2012
    Apr 30, 2012 1:32 PM (in response to jennifer)

Jennifer,

I am a travel writer and have written "Renter's Manuals" for VRBO property owners. My manuals are forwarded by the owner to the renter once a contract has been signed and enable the owner to communicate completely about his/her rental. I include information about appliances, privileges, local area entertainment, maps, etc.

I theme the manuals to flatter the residence and work with the character that the owner has established. They're very effective and well received by renters.

I'd like to advertise this service on HomeAway. Can you tell me how this is done? How do I get into the Vendor list?

Thank you,

Tom Schenden

thomas.schenden@gmail.com

Not a member?

JOIN THE COMMUNITY

Register Now

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)