Skip navigation

Join the Vacation Rentals Conversation!

Get answers to all of your questions from fellow owners and travelers.

Join the CommunityX

CommunitySeek, Ask, and Share in the Vacation Rentals Community
1185 Views 1 Reply Latest reply: Apr 24, 2012 2:11 PM by anja RSS
mauioceanview Contributor 251 posts since
Jul 22, 2011
Currently Being Moderated

Apr 24, 2012 12:17 PM

is anyone else getting this scam?

I regularly get this inquiry - I wonder if it's through my personal website or because I at some point responded to someone - sent directly to my email address. Seriously, I've had it three times this week, usually it's once a week or every other week. Just thought I'd post it for general awareness.

"Do you still have a room/apartment available for rent as at now, is the room of average size, i ll like to make inquiry to know more about the room, is it available as furnished, do you have pictures of it, you can email me here, i will check in for you reply before i get off work.

Thanks...Shan"

It comes from a a variety of email addresses, a variety of names, sometimes the email addresses and names match, other times they don't. At least it's fairly obvious.

• anja Senior Contributor 1,560 posts since
    Aug 9, 2011
    Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 24, 2012 2:11 PM (in response to mauioceanview)
    Re: is anyone else getting this scam?

Aloha 'mauioceanview',    I have not gotten that email, but I have gotten similar "multiple" emails from "multiple" senders, from "multiple" email addresses.  I haven't had one for a while like this.   Because the message is coming from a variety of email addresses, different names, etc., it could be that someone's computer  (not yours)  has a virus that sends out emails randomly to lists.   Just to be on the safe side, why not run your virus checker on your pc.  [I would not respond to any of the emails, either.]

Not a member?

JOIN THE COMMUNITY

Register Now

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)