Skip navigation

Join the Vacation Rentals Conversation!

Get answers to all of your questions from fellow owners and travelers.

Join the CommunityX

CommunitySeek, Ask, and Share in the Vacation Rentals Community
11544 Views 12 Replies Latest reply: Apr 18, 2012 7:23 PM by larryd9234 RSS
New Member 15 posts since
May 28, 2011
Currently Being Moderated

Jul 6, 2011 7:38 AM

Is VRBO scared of its customers?

I have searched and searched and can not find a phone number for VRBO. Am I the only to find it strange that VRBO does not want its customers calling them?

They don't respond to the online contact form and don't provide us phone numbers.

VRBO obviously has gotten so big that they have forgotten that it is us, their advertisers who they rely on for continued growth and business.

I am sick and tired of the form letters or premade responses with no real customer service.

Does anyone have a contact number for this terrible customer service company?

• Active Contributor 343 posts since
    Nov 18, 2010
    Jul 6, 2011 8:10 AM (in response to sunnybarbados)
    Re: Is VRBO scared of its customers?

Hi sunnybarbados,

I'm sorry to hear about your frustration in trying to find a phone number for VRBO. The best (and fastest) way to reach them is by submitting this quick and easy form, after which you should get a call back from someone within minutes.

You mentioned they didn't respond to the form before. If that is the case again, please let me know, and I'll ensure that someone contacts you directly.

Thank you for your patience.

Laura

Nov 18, 2010
        Jul 6, 2011 11:16 AM (in response to sunnybarbados)

Hi sunnybarbados,

VRBO absolutely wants to talk with its customers, and again, I’m sorry you have the impression we don’t. Creating and staffing for VRBO phone support was one of the biggest issues our Customer Experience team tackled this past year. Prior to launching phone support, we did a lot of research on the best ways to address our customers’ needs. The technology we implemented (Click to Call) starts with this request for assistance form, in which you tell us about the issues you are having.  Once you click submit, our phone team will call you back, already prepared with the information you need based on the request you submitted. Also, this way, you’ll be sitting in front of your computer, which we’ve found is invaluable when discussing your listing.

FYI - our average call back time is 30 seconds, so if you did not receive a call back, please email me directly with the best contact info for you, and I’ll ask someone to call you directly.

Thanks for your patience!

Laura

lkelso@homeaway.com

Nov 18, 2010
            Jul 8, 2011 10:25 AM (in response to sunnybarbados)

Hi sunnybarbados,

You are correct that our response times have been longer than usual recently due to several large customer initiatives we have underway. And I'm truly sorry that we've been having phone issues this week. Our business systems group has been working over time to get our response times back to normal.

Let me assure you that we are listening to you and everyone who participates in these forums, and ensuring that all of the feedback reaches the right people. We rely heavily on your thoughts/suggestions/information as far as shaping the future direction of the company.

I'm sorry to hear about your poor service, and your decision to cancel your listing. Should you ever revisit that decision, please know we will do everything we can to make you a satisfied customer.

Best Regards,

Laura

• New Member 3 posts since
              Jul 1, 2011
              Jul 12, 2011 6:53 PM (in response to laura)

SunnyBarbados,

Don't feel lonely, they don't respond to repeat renters either. I posted a comment about two weeks ago and they haven't responded yet.

It does seem bizarre that they don't give paying customers/advertisers a phone number.

RR

• Contributor 32 posts since
    Jul 12, 2011
    Jul 12, 2011 7:56 PM (in response to sunnybarbados)

Hi sunny:

when i signed up with VRBO i met a wondeful young man who's named Diren.. He told me to save his number and call when ever i needed anything. since then he is the only one i speak with about ANYTHING regarding my VRBO or Vacationrentals lsiting or just when i need to ask a question.

He also provided me with VRBO customer service number but i can never get a hold of anyone, so Diren is my go to guy.

The customer service number is 877-228-3145.Hope that helps.

• New Member 6 posts since
      Jul 27, 2011
      Jul 29, 2011 9:39 AM (in response to csdircks)

thanks. lots, for this number of vrbo "support" service

877-228-3145

i think if things continue to be so bad for us advertisers, we shall sign up a class action in the sense that we all cancel our subscription for a year and then... we'll probably get lots of letters offering us better service... i also suggest to write about the bad service we get (calendar cancelling, invading our privacy to ask renters - who have never made a review - what they think of our property, something indeed absolutely incredible) and the many problems we have, such as loss of time and loss of clients because of the unability to show the calendar for example...

all this should be made public, i will look up blogs and also probably write this on trip advisor where they ask for information about stays...

colosseum

• marym Active Contributor 463 posts since
    Feb 10, 2011
    Jul 13, 2011 5:55 AM (in response to sunnybarbados)

Here's a thought:  I can understand why VRBO wouldn't want to post the tel. no. publicly to have Joe Public call, or even guests for that matter.  However, why on earth wouldn't you make a no. available for owners who are footing the bill?  Make it available on the dashboards for chrissakes!  That way at least an owner has to prove he's an owner by putting in all the magic words before it will be posted.  Can't help but notice that in all of Laura's responses, she never mentions the tel. no.  It takes a VRBO owner to do that (thank you, csdircks!) - how unresponsive is that?

• Currently Being Moderated
        Jul 15, 2011 1:29 PM (in response to sunnybarbados)

Hello All,

I am sure you are aware that we at HomeAway & VRBO are very interested in all of your conversations on the Community.  We try to "stay out of the conversation" as much as possible, because we do believe that this is your forum.  Occasionally we might respond to a question posted in the Discussions areas, and always respond to questions posted in the Support areas. 

That being said, I hope you will forgive my intrusion into this conversation long enough for me to let you know how very much we do care about you, your relationship to our companies and your businesses in marketing your vacation rental properties.

I've worked in the Customer Service department for VRBO.com for just about 10 years, and now have been an employee/Manager at HomeAway for 4.5 years.  So believe me when I say I know where you are coming from when you are unhappy about VRBO not having "phone support".  This was one of the biggest complaints we received over the years.

That is why last fall we implemented the “Click to Call” technology that Laura described earlier.  It IS now possible to talk to a VRBO representative on the telephone!  (The same is also true now for VacationRentals who also recently implemented the same technology so that the VacationRentals members could also receive Support by phone.)  The main difference is that you have to initiate contact with us from a computer. Our system will call you back and place you into a phone queue for a live customer support agent.

As you have already discussed, in recent weeks/days there have been delays in reaching Customer Support due to high call volume.  The same is true if you’ve requested help via our online support forms. We've been growing recently, and are doing everything we can to meet your needs and improve your overall customer experience.

I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience this has caused all of our members, and hope that you will please try to be patient with us!  We are working as hard as we can to respond to all of your questions as soon as we can!

Best regards,

Valerie

Support Manager

• New Member 1 posts since
    Apr 18, 2012
    Apr 18, 2012 7:23 PM (in response to sunnybarbados)

VRBO & HomeAway are not interested in input.  They have no contact information on either site.  They have ignored the basics of business.  Your survival is dependent on honoring and taking care of your customers.

Their new Review Request is horrible.  It does not allow you to personalize the request.  They eliminated the area to enter the customer's name and the e-mail request goes out as a sterile request  I expect far fewer responses to my requests.

Larry

Not a member?

JOIN THE COMMUNITY

Register Now

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)