Skip navigation

Join the Vacation Rentals Conversation!

Get answers to all of your questions from fellow owners and travelers.

Join the CommunityX

CommunitySeek, Ask, and Share in the Vacation Rentals Community
5893 Views 24 Replies Latest reply: Dec 6, 2013 10:29 AM by beth RSS
New Member 2 posts since
Apr 30, 2011
Currently Being Moderated

Apr 6, 2012 9:10 AM

Uploading a Rental Agreement Concerns?

I read somewhere in one of these forums that some discovered their rental agreement was not "sticking" when they uploaded it. In other words it uploaded the first time, but in subsequent bookings the rental agreement was not attached. I uploaded mine once and have since been booking people, getting confirmations that they have check to box to agree to my rental agreement, but how do I know that are actually getting it. I don't seem to see anywhere where you can verify that one is uploaded, viewable or editable? (Sorry that's no likely a real work).

• New Member 1 posts since
    Apr 10, 2012
    Apr 10, 2012 12:19 AM (in response to timothy.young)
    Re: Uploading a Rental Agreement Concerns?

Well, financially speaking, breaking a rental agreement can be quite painful. However, it is possible to manage breaking a lease so that the majority of the fire is avoided. There is another way to break a lease with only a minimal penalty. One should exercise early termination clause because not all rental contracts have this. Begging can be helpful too, because landlords are also human. It is always good to explain every detail that may cause you to break your lease and don’t pull emotional punches. Find out how today. Source for this article: How to break a lease with little or no penalty.

• shannon.martin Contributor 221 posts since
    Feb 23, 2011
    Apr 12, 2012 12:28 PM (in response to timothy.young)

Hi Timothy,

There actually is a way to check what rental agreement your travelers agreed to.

From ReservationManager, click on the inquiry and click the Inquiry you want to view.  Click the Payment Details tab.

On any of the payment requests, there is a link for "Traveler View".  Click that link.

When it opens, there is a link in the upper right corner where you can see the Rental Agreement information they agreed to:

rentalagreement.jpg

From there you can download the pdf that you uploaded.

Hope this helps!

Shannon

• scottr Contributor 203 posts since
      Aug 14, 2012
      Sep 6, 2012 5:44 PM (in response to shannon.martin)

Hi Shannon:  It looks like this issue has been addressed in the last release. Can you confirm?  I noticed that I now have a Rental Agreement tab in the dashboard that allows me to upload a file, which I did.  When I went to do a test booking the Rental Agreement was already loaded.  This is what I would expect.  If I understand the behavior correctly (uoload once and pre-populate for all subsequent bookings), this is one major issue resolved for me.  thx

Scott

Aug 14, 2012
      Sep 6, 2012 6:16 PM (in response to shannon.martin)

Shannon:  I used the iPad App to "Book It" and the Rental Agreement did get attached to the booking, but I noticed a problem.  The text message that has the summary of the PDF document never gets displayed to the user.  They only see the PDF file.  Can you have someone look into this?  If I don;t attach a file, I'm guessing the user would see the text message, but the instructions imply that they will see both.

Thanks for the help,
      Scott

Aug 14, 2012
      Sep 6, 2012 6:24 PM (in response to shannon.martin)

Sorry, one more suggestion on the Rental Agreement.  Users should not be able to select the box saying that they agree to the agreement, unless they have actually opened the attachment.  NO ONE reads the agreement.  My agreement has the address on it.  After the first five bookings using the Rental Agreement in a PDF, I had five emails asking for the address.  Now, after they send payment, I send them an email thanking them for the payment, and in tell then that in case they missed it on the agreement, the address is XX and check-in/out times are XX.  thx

Scott

• HomeAway Employee 38 posts since
        Jun 25, 2012
        Sep 18, 2012 8:34 AM (in response to scottr)

scottr,

- Regarding your suggestion of requiring the Traveler to, at least, open the Rental Agreement before being able to check off the "I have read and agree with the "Rental Agreement", "Privacy Policy" and the "Terms and Conditions" of the site. Certain policy restrictions may apply," Box - I will pass this along to see if that is an enhancement we could create and implement. A thoughtful idea - keep the suggestions coming!

- Regarding the Rental Agreement Upload issue - our product developers are aware and are working to resolve it as soon as possible..

- I will address your other concerns from "Re: Rates not showing/calculating correctly", momentarily.

Best Regards,

Alex

• riverstreetcondo New Member 5 posts since
          Jul 3, 2013
          Jul 3, 2013 9:03 PM (in response to sunseared77)

Hi Alex - anything yet from the product developers? This feature is still not working - I have uploaded my rental agreement several (at least 10) times over the past 6 months or so and it will stick through a couple reservations and then fall out of the system...is homeaway still working on a solution? - it would be great if the rental agreements would "stick" once uploaded - especially when trying to set up reservations through the iPhone app. Each time my rental agreement falls out of the system, I am unable to make reservations using my phone....I have to go back to my computer to re-upload the rental agreement...it is often much more convenient to set up a reservation immediately using the app instead of waiting until a get back to a computer to do it (and possibly losing a booking because of the delay).

Jul 3, 2013
          Nov 5, 2013 10:42 AM (in response to sunseared77)

Alex - regarding the following comment you made back in June "Regarding the Rental Agreement Upload issue - our product developers are aware and are working to resolve it as soon as possible.." are your developers still working on a fix for this issue?

Jul 3, 2013
      Nov 5, 2013 10:39 AM (in response to shannon.martin)

Hi Shannon - please see my comment below from a few months ago....I have commented a couple times in the forum without response from Homeaway and I have also taken the time to respond to your recent mobile app survey regarding this issue and have never gotten a response from Homeaway.  My rental agreements are still falling out of the system after a couple uses. Very frustrating to have to re-upload constantly. Is homeaway working on a fix to this known issue? Tried calling customer support but no answer at 11:30am EST.  I would appreciate a response. 

my question in this forum from July:

"anything yet from the product developers? This feature is still not  working - I have uploaded my rental agreement several (at least 10)  times over the past 6 months or so and it will stick through a couple  reservations and then fall out of the system...is homeaway still working  on a solution? - it would be great if the rental agreements would  "stick" once uploaded - especially when trying to set up reservations  through the iPhone app. Each time my rental agreement falls out of the  system, I am unable to make reservations using my phone....I have to go  back to my computer to re-upload the rental agreement...it is often much  more convenient to set up a reservation immediately using the app  instead of waiting until a get back to a computer to do it (and possibly  losing a booking because of the delay). "

• beth HomeAway Employee 1,011 posts since
        Jan 20, 2012
        Nov 11, 2013 9:11 PM (in response to riverstreetcondo)

Hi riverstreetcondo,

I'll try to get an answer for you tomorrow! I apologize for the delay.

Beth

Community Manager

• beth HomeAway Employee 1,011 posts since
        Jan 20, 2012
        Nov 12, 2013 11:24 AM (in response to riverstreetcondo)

Hi riverstreetcondo,

I was just told that a fix is going out for this issue by the end of today! Let me know if you continue to experience problems from tomorrow on.

Thanks,
        Beth

Community Manager

Jul 3, 2013
          Dec 5, 2013 1:03 PM (in response to beth)

Hi Beth - thank you for your reply

This issue is not yet resolved.  I have had to upload my rental agreement twice since the fix was made....just had to upload it again because it fell out of the system. Please have this addressed as soon as possible.  Is there any way your developers could check the system on a test account?

To recap - the rental agreement will upload properly and stay in the system for a little while but it eventually falls out after a week or two - possibly a little longer. This makes it impossible to make a reservation and send an invoice with rental agreement attached using the mobile app...I have to return to a computer in order to upload the rental agreement again (rental agreements can't be uploaded using the app). Thanks! Ryan

Not a member?

JOIN THE COMMUNITY

Register Now

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• Best Answers - 4 points
  • Helpful Answers - 2 points