Skip navigation

Join the Vacation Rentals Conversation!

Get answers to all of your questions from fellow owners and travelers.

Join the CommunityX

CommunitySeek, Ask, and Share in the Vacation Rentals Community
1503 Views 2 Replies Latest reply: Apr 30, 2012 12:38 PM by donna.warshaw RSS
New Member 1 posts since
Nov 18, 2011
Currently Being Moderated

Nov 18, 2011 8:05 PM

A Renters View

This may have already been addressed, and I understand that renter's feedback is probably the way to address most issues, but this is the only location where I feel I can make some constructive general comments. I am a long time user of VRBO from the renter's perspective and I have only good experiences to report. I personally would like to see a way to improve the search options - to reduce the number of potential rental sites (i.e. pet friendly and those properties with active calendars would be at the top of my list).

• New Member 1 posts since
    Apr 11, 2012
    Apr 11, 2012 11:23 AM (in response to markg21ca)
    Re: A Renters View

I agree with you about never having problems until recently. I had issues with a rental person at a home in Florida. I have submited a complaint , well more like a warning to anyone wanting to rent this place. I right now am jumping thru hoops to get the complaint posted . I know that there are policies but I feel strongly that the future renters should know. I will contnue to use this site because as the say goes " one apple spoils the whole bunch" doesn't always apply. Most of the rental owners are honest and want repeat business. Thank you for this service.

• New Member 1 posts since
      Apr 24, 2012
      Apr 30, 2012 12:38 PM (in response to pam.sears)
      Re: A Renters View

I too have used this site for years and only recently became concerned about scams. This summer we have 2 rentals in Europe via this site or its affiliates.  We took the insurance on one in Paris because we were nervous about it.  But we have never had any trouble with renting.  If you are nervous they offer insurance to renters. The reviews renters give a property are very important in making a decision to trust an owner.  If the owner wants to dispute the review they should be able to respond.  That is what is fair.

Not a member?

JOIN THE COMMUNITY

Register Now

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)