Skip navigation

Join the Vacation Rentals Conversation!

Get answers to all of your questions from fellow owners and travelers.

Join the CommunityX

CommunitySeek, Ask, and Share in the Vacation Rentals Community
1202 Views 1 Reply Latest reply: Mar 30, 2012 4:44 PM by dan.brown RSS
New Member 6 posts since
Mar 29, 2012
Currently Being Moderated

Mar 30, 2012 4:17 PM

Obtaining all the info you ever wanted on a renter

First things first...I am always trying to come up with unique business ideas, and I am just sharing an idea with a potentil audience....so please try to keep an open and forgiving mind.

There is obviously a demand by home owners for better screening tools. Would you as a home owner be willing to offer a discount to renters if they provided a certain amount of information?

A discount could be offered for each piece of information.

For example:

Renter provides:

scanned copy of drivers licence $10 discount

scanned copy of passport $10 discount

scanned copy of utility or cell phone bill with matching name to ID $10 discount

Now imagine a website that collected all of this information on the home owner's behalf. The potential renter signs up for the service (free for the renter). They upload all of their information that they are willing to share. This information is bundled together for the home owner to inspect.

The benefit for the renter is the service is free, and it will get them an immediate discount at participating home owner's homes.

The benefit for the home owner is that they can now go to one spot and find all the pertinent information, rather than spending their time playing private investigator by searching for the renter on Google, Facebook etc.

Obviously I have painted a picture with rather broad strokes, and the finer details would have to be addressed closer if the idea appears to be viable and desired by the home owner community.

I would love to hear from other home owners as to their feelings about a service like this. Additionally, I would love to hear what information would be most valuable to each of the home owners.

Thanks guys!

Not a member?

JOIN THE COMMUNITY

Register Now

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)