Skip navigation

Join the Vacation Rentals Conversation!

Get answers to all of your questions from fellow owners and travelers.

Join the CommunityX

CommunitySeek, Ask, and Share in the Vacation Rentals Community
4995 Views 12 Replies Latest reply: Nov 6, 2013 8:47 PM by rentalguy RSS
New Member 7 posts since
Mar 19, 2012
Currently Being Moderated

Mar 19, 2012 6:37 PM

What other vacation rental software is web based?

Hi everyone! I was just wondering besides a few that I know of including http://www.rentalcommand.com/, which other vacation rental management software is web based???

• tyann Contributor 222 posts since
    Dec 28, 2010

I use www.lodgix.com.

Tyann Marcink

Nature's Retreat and Canyon Retreat | Vacation Home in Branson

Website Design and Photography | Marcink Designs

• sheena77 New Member 6 posts since
    Jun 30, 2013

We have had our florida unit for past 3 years and multiple reservations in different steps of process can be very tedious to manage in excel or on in a notebook. Having technologists in our family, we built an app which runs on the mobile devices and all browsers, but solves this problem very differently. We did this as we found the other solutions to be very computer intensive i.e. you had to spend some time on the computer and we wanted to build a hands off system to drastically improve an vacation rental owners lifestyle.

We built this product as a workflow system of multiple steps from inquiry to checkout and cleaning including dynamic pricing and we are workiing on making it available for FREE in beta and also give all BETA users 1 year free when it is generally available. Also, each step of the process is dynamically linked to email templates for your property and the app can directly let you personalize the template based email and send it directly from your app by connecting your Gmail account. I have been using this app for a while before we decided to make it publicly available and cannot stress that I now dont have to remember anything, never have to search my email to find what is going on with a customer/guest, no cut and paste of emails, no remembering what has to happen next as I get automatically nofified by the app for my next action on any inquiry/reservation and I can do it from my iPhone when I am shopping or when I am on my computer at home.

If you are interested, please check this out at http://lodgetec.com an pre-register for beta. I have improved my lifestyle drastically by leveraging this tool and sincerely hope that the community can benefit from it. 

• beachbumz Active Contributor 538 posts since
      Jan 21, 2013
      Jun 30, 2013 9:29 AM (in response to sheena77)
      Re: What other vacation rental software is web based?

What general range are you pondering around for a yearly rate? Can anything be embedded into site code for a truly  automated process? I would hope it would allow me to use my own merchant provider? I find this an interesting concept, because it would allow me to use a tool, integrated in with my business process, and not having to wrap my way around VRBO's business requirements. Although I haven't seen it yet, it might provide the flexibility that non-RM users are seeking. Also, a tool that requires me to change the way I do business and forces me to use their credit cards isn't "free". There's a ton of money being made by VRBO based solely on these requirements. It's also too restrictive for me and some of us don't want to rely on VRBO anymore. We'll see, but right now the idea is quite interesting.

• crescentbeach4u Community All-Star 862 posts since
    Sep 10, 2011

All the above seem to be very good but if you are already paying for a VRBO subscription, I would always suggest using the free 'Reservation Manager'

• sheena77 New Member 6 posts since
    Jun 30, 2013

Thanks for the feedback.

We have reviewed over a dozen tools out there including VRBOs. All tools do the job, however this experience is very different with the following goals

• WAY Beyond reservations.. full lifecycle management of work around your property and guest relationship.
    • Minimalistic user experience... where action cards come to you ON ANY DEVICE in a dashboard or reminder emails as they need your attention in a timely manner showcasing you as top of your game with your guests. No clicking tabs, menus to figure out what to do by categories of work or looking for information to take action e.g. payments, pricing etc.. a unified information in form of action steps comes to you in a timely manner single screen experience.
    • Sending emails for regular activity from prospect to cleaning should be automated and timely i.e. prepared email content should come to me as a user for my review and I should just have to add/modify a word or a sentence and hit the send button. I as a user SHOULD not remember NOR WORRY about when I should be SENDING emails to my customers or what is my next non email action (e.g. waiting for deposit from guest by this date)
    • Preperation of these emails should be templatized for 99% of the content with final decesion to personalize at time of sending
    • All other tasks which are manual also should be coming to me as reminders with links in an email to complete them in a timely manner
    • I should have the ability to configure these tasks for when to complete based on completion of a current task or a milestone like checkin/check out dates and part of an action step plan (where I can turn tasks on/off by preference.. we have developed a superset of about a dozen tasks to be configured in an action step plan by property which can be turned on an off by user/property preference and they manage the timeliness of all your actions)
    • Save every dollar by having the convenience of collecting payments the ZERO dollar way i.e. without credit card fees and use credit cards for exceptions. We have found that a large part of our profits were getting sucked out by credit card vendors, however as a owner the convenience of credit card was great due to timeliness of payments. We wanted the timeliness tasks of the workflow i.e. not have to remember a payment was supposed to be received by mail in a timely manner e.g. receive deposit after 3 days of verbal commitment or receive full payment 15 days before arrivel and make this parameterized by property for automated reminder actions.
      • We are looking at integrating payment gateways in the future for automated payment tasks for prospects, however our main GOAL is where we look forward to the app becomes a virtual property manager assistant for owner and they dont have the hassle of maintaing these tasks of a work management system by exponentially increasing their productivity, something very DIFFERENT than all the reservation managers

We are launching this free in Beta and give it free for one year for the selected BETA customers with no contract or commitments. After that we will be doing customer reviews to align the best value price point for the application, however the thinking is along the lines of very high value for the dollar and high impact compared to the dollar loss paying commisions, giving users better organization and productivity lift then the commision value... thats the value proposition we want to chase.

Sorry for being long winded, as just wanted to share the strategy... and thanks again for your interest.

Best,

Sheena

http://lodgetec.com

• loscuatrotulipanes Community All-Star 231 posts since
    Oct 7, 2011

I use www.ReservationKey.com. Cheap, great customer service, "everything you need and nothing you don't"

- M

• I use www.VacationRentalDesk.com to take bookings, manage all of our reservations, and process credit cards. I set up my merchant account through them but I believe you can use an existing merchant account if you have one. I've been very happy with their product and support.

• joenicotera New Member 3 posts since
    Aug 15, 2013

We use Lodgix. It has a great WordPress plugin.

• There are several jumping up. So far my wife and I (7 flats in/around Barcelona) have been very happy with with Vreasy (www.vreasy.com).  It let's us manage our portals (HomeAway, Airbnb, Flipkey, Wimdu, 9Flats), synch all the calendars and it has a growing community of owners that share their services and collaborate within the city.  The best part is it's free for owners. Others I've seen charge up to €199/mo for similar software and no community. 

They're not open to the public yet so I had to email them directly to set up an account, but it works great...and it's free!

• amchap Contributor 241 posts since
      Oct 1, 2011
      Sep 11, 2013 1:33 PM (in response to bcnhost)
      Re: What other vacation rental software is web based?

bcnhost wrote:

very happy with with Vreasy

Welcome, bcnhost. 3 posts and 3 promotions for Vreasy. Are you perchance associated with them? There are several vendors that participate in these forums, but I believe the convention is to declare your association, and to make your posts informative and not purely promotional.

Not a member?

JOIN THE COMMUNITY

Register Now

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• Best Answers - 4 points
  • Helpful Answers - 2 points