Skip navigation

Join the Vacation Rentals Conversation!

Get answers to all of your questions from fellow owners and travelers.

Join the CommunityX

CommunitySeek, Ask, and Share in the Vacation Rentals Community
828 Views 1 Reply Latest reply: Mar 21, 2012 3:59 PM by mauioceanview RSS
New Member 1 posts since
Mar 21, 2012
Currently Being Moderated

Mar 21, 2012 3:55 PM

received a link to a blog

I had a rental inquiry that looked promising.  The person emailed me several times in the same evening asking questions about what was included (hot tub, lift tickets, etc).  She finally said she would like to rent it.  I sent her a contract and pymt instructions.  When I didn't hear back a few days later I emailed to see if she was still interested.  I received a sort of vague email with a link.  Foolishly I clicked on it because I was perplexed by it.  It was a link to a blog.  I got another email frpm her a few days later.  I've had hardly any inquiries since then.  Its between rental seasons now so it may be coincidental, but I have a feeling I was scammed somehow.  I had a friend send me an inquiry that reached me, but I'm wondering if there is something I'm overlooking.  The inquiry also occurred the same week I got one of the 'overpayment via cashier check from Ukraine' inquires.  Any thoughts/feedback?

• mauioceanview Contributor 250 posts since
    Jul 22, 2011
    Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 21, 2012 3:59 PM (in response to needadvice)
    Re: received a link to a blog

bizarre. to be safe, change your passwords - email, VRBO/Homeaway.... also, you can go onto your Dashboard screen and see there if there have been any inquiries. You could also redirect inquiries to be sent to a different email address.....

best of luck!

Not a member?

JOIN THE COMMUNITY

Register Now

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• Best Answers - 4 points
  • Helpful Answers - 2 points