Skip navigation

Join the Vacation Rentals Conversation!

Get answers to all of your questions from fellow owners and travelers.

Join the CommunityX

CommunitySeek, Ask, and Share in the Vacation Rentals Community
3721 Views 8 Replies Latest reply: Feb 11, 2012 1:27 AM by anja RSS
lrbaldwin Active Contributor 757 posts since
Feb 16, 2011
Currently Being Moderated

Feb 8, 2012 6:46 AM

Found fantastic placemats!

Slick plastic placemats were in the cottage when we bought it, nasty things that you'd use for little kids.  We bought some that could be washed in the the washing machine, but they shrank and we had to depend on the guests to wash them when needed.  They've held up well, so I haven't been looking to replace them.  However I was at Costco a couple weeks ago, and another woman was looking at packs of 8 Town and Country Living placemats made of polyvinyl chloride.  She said they were recommended to her by someone who had been using them for some time who also said that Sur la Table was selling them for $10 EACH!  These 8 packs were $8.99.  Frank and I have been using them and they clean right up with a sponge, can even use a soapy sponge.  They're woven and look a bit like bamboo, several choices of weaves and colors.  This is the smallest weave. 

placemats.jpg

I just found them at Amazon, but they're from $20 to $35 for the same thing!

http://www.amazon.com/Central-Park-Placemats-Brown-Set/dp/B00579VBG6/ref=pd_sim_sbs_hg_1

Hope this is helpful.  I think it would be great if owners would let us all know when you find a good deal that's good for our rental properties.

Linda

• kristin.r Contributor 116 posts since
    Jun 1, 2011
    Feb 8, 2012 8:43 AM (in response to lrbaldwin)
    Re: Found fantastic placemats!

Linda, Love love love them.  I think I will run down to costco they would be perfect in Kauai. Thanks for sharing. Kristin

• anja Senior Contributor 1,560 posts since
    Aug 9, 2011
    Feb 8, 2012 1:16 PM (in response to lrbaldwin)

I have been using these in my rentals in Hawaii for some time now. I got mine at Costco last year....when they first came in. And, like some items Costco sells,  I was afraid that they'd not get them in again so I purchased a few sets of 8 in each package in different earth-tone colors and textures. They are wonderful. I use them in my own home, too.  And, "kristin.aabemaksic"...they look as if they were "made for Hawaii-style" tropical living.

Jun 1, 2011
      Feb 8, 2012 1:35 PM (in response to anja)

It will be my luck though that Costco won't have them. You know how that goes one minute Costco carries something and then the next time they wont.  I am hoping that I can pick some up and take them down next month.  Anja I would love to have a link to your property or your vrbo #.    They would match my stuff I think perfectly.  What do you think? www.vrbo.com/10022  Kristin

Aug 9, 2011
        Feb 8, 2012 1:54 PM (in response to kristin.r)

Listen:  if the Costco in your area does not have them....I go to Costco all the time here. We'll be there tomorrow to shop here in Hawaii....and I'll be in that vicinity again in a few days -- we're building another deck so I'm practically living in The Home Depot now...Costco is right next door. But, tell me if you can't find them...okay?...I'll look for the placemats for you and I will purchase a set ...{do you want more than one set?}....there are 8 placemats in a pack. I can easily do that and put them in the local post addressed to you here in Hawaii.  I'd be happy to do that.  Do you have a webite? We can link to each other's websites...good for "traffic"...!    I'll email you.

Jun 1, 2011
          Feb 8, 2012 1:55 PM (in response to anja)

If the costco's generally have them in Hawaii then I should be good.  I will still check here in Calif.  We always head to costco right when we land, so I can always check when we get there.  I don't have a website but after trolling here on the HA boards I am really thinking about doing it.  That is so kind of you to offer.  I should be ok though if the Kauai Costco has them.  If not, you might be hearing from me next month LOL.  I will look for an email from you thanks.

• amyg Active Contributor 323 posts since
            Dec 10, 2010
            Feb 10, 2012 11:37 PM (in response to kristin.r)

I bought the brown/black version of these placemats at Costco in late October and I love them.  They lay flat and clean up like a breeze.  I use them on top of furniture too...they are great for protecting against rings and scratches.  I saw them in January when I was there last, so hopefully they are still available for you!  They had a few different color choices which should go with most interior decor today.

Linda, that's a great suggestion that we upload photos and share links to items that would be good for rentals.  I will try to remember that the next time I find something that's a winner!

Aug 9, 2011
              Feb 11, 2012 1:27 AM (in response to amyg)

Oh...whoa....great idea, amyg!  Furniture protection!   I, too, have the brown/black version + and I also have a set of the other choices... {I have two cottages with two different "looks"}. But, I never thought of using them as furniture protectors.  I appreciate that tip.  Now, I can't wait for all my guests to check out so I can go "play" with my decor, again.

Not a member?

JOIN THE COMMUNITY

Register Now

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)