Skip navigation

Join the Vacation Rentals Conversation!

Get answers to all of your questions from fellow owners and travelers.

Join the CommunityX

CommunitySeek, Ask, and Share in the Vacation Rentals Community
3687 Views 11 Replies Latest reply: Jan 27, 2012 4:07 PM by swlinphx RSS Branched from an earlier discussion.
tsvr Contributor 220 posts since
Feb 28, 2011
Currently Being Moderated

Jan 24, 2012 11:33 AM

Re: New Dashboard Reservation System

Travis, one of my properties does not accept online payments but it is showing that we do on the listing. I followed your instructions and the accepts online payments box is not checked. How do I remove this from my listing?

thanks

• travis HomeAway Employee 325 posts since
    May 2, 2011
    Jan 24, 2012 2:01 PM (in response to tsvr)
    Re: New Dashboard Reservation System

Hi tsvr,

Our technical support team will have to deactivate online payments for you. I see you’re already communicating with a member of our Customer Support team about having this done.

Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Travis

May 2, 2011
        Jan 24, 2012 3:35 PM (in response to tsvr)
        Re: Re: New Dashboard Reservation System

On HomeAway.com, this displays when you’ve activated ReservationManager to accept online payments. If you haven’t activated online payments, then your listing will reflect what you’ve selected on your rates page.

Travis

May 2, 2011
            Jan 25, 2012 12:59 PM (in response to tsvr)

Hi tsvr,

Yes, if you activate the online payments portion of ReservationManager, this means your listing accepts online payments. You can still use ReservationManager to manage your inquiries, reservations, and calendar without activating online payments. Rest assured, online payments are not automatically activated for new listings. You have to go through the set up process again.

If you activate online payments and decide you no longer wish to receive payments online, you must contact our Customer Support so we can deactivate this feature from your account.

Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Travis

May 2, 2011
                Jan 26, 2012 1:30 PM (in response to tsvr)

Hi tsvr,

I’m sorry for this confusion. Yes, when you sign up to accept online payments with ReservationManager, it activates this feature for all of your current listings. These online payments include eCheck for US residents. When you accept online payments with ReservationManager, your listing will automatically say “Accepts online payments” in the search results:

results.jpg

The “Accept credit card” checkbox indicates on your listing’s amenities that you can accept credit cards. This can be done through PayPal or some other credit card processing service.  If you look at the amenities on your listing page, you’ll see this:

rates.jpg

Yes, Customer Support deactivated your ability to accept online payments through ReservationManager for this listing. You’re still able to manage your inquiries, reservations, and calendar the same way.

I apologize again for the confusion and I hope this information helps.

Travis

• msdebj Senior Contributor 1,358 posts since
                  May 25, 2011
                  Jan 26, 2012 1:39 PM (in response to travis)

Good grief!  May I suggest that HA conducts a Customer Satisfaction/ Input survey? Then hire a professional business mediator to work with whomever the product design team is? 

• swlinphx Senior Contributor 2,192 posts since
                    Aug 30, 2011
                    Jan 27, 2012 5:43 AM (in response to msdebj)

I think this forum being monitored by moderators is a sort of customer satisfaction/input medium.  What specifically are you referring to msdebj?

• msdebj Senior Contributor 1,358 posts since
                      May 25, 2011
                      Jan 27, 2012 2:39 PM (in response to swlinphx)

Swin, since HA/VRBO has the ability to send blast emails to travelers I am suggesting they do so for their advertisers. Many (I'm thinking the majority) do not participate in these forums.

A customer survey isn't hard to design. The typical response rate runs from 7-12% when you are surveying non paying contacts and jumps to the  20-30% (& higher, depending the responders amount of $$ spent on a product).

It's a great tool that can go a long way in promoting customer satisaction if done correctly.

Just a thought...

Debj

• swlinphx Senior Contributor 2,192 posts since
                        Aug 30, 2011
                        Jan 27, 2012 4:07 PM (in response to msdebj)

I think it's always good to solicit feedback.  I guess I was just thinking people come here to gripe and that the moderators are fairly responsive.  But I agree, that isn't the same as a survey and doesn't account for those who do not use this forum. 

Not a member?

JOIN THE COMMUNITY

Register Now

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)