Skip navigation

Join the Vacation Rentals Conversation!

Get answers to all of your questions from fellow owners and travelers.

Join the CommunityX

CommunitySeek, Ask, and Share in the Vacation Rentals Community
940 Views 2 Replies Latest reply: Jan 26, 2012 12:33 AM by dbmeyer RSS
New Member 1 posts since
Jan 24, 2012
Currently Being Moderated

Jan 24, 2012 2:09 PM

vacation rentals by OWNER?

I have rented properties for several years on vrbo, but not much in the last year.   I am currently trying to rent a home in Tahoe for a weekend in the summer.  After submitting multiple queries, I have noticed two things:

1. None of the postings appear to be listed by OWNERS (I thought that was the point of this site?)

2. Critical information is missing/inaccurate in the listings.  (3 different agencies indicate there is no minimum night stay in the listing - but when they respond to my query, there is now a 7 night minimum)

Too bad, I really liked VRBO.

• New Member 1 posts since
    Jan 26, 2012
    Jan 26, 2012 12:26 AM (in response to jens_sf)
    Re: vacation rentals by OWNER?

I agree! In fact I'm logging on to blow the whistle on VacasaRentals which is using the VRBO site to redirect customers to their own rental site. They are sleazy and underhanded! They claim to have an available VRbO unit, then when the customer sends an inquiry they say the u it is not available, but they have other rentals elsewhere.

vRbo...get these sleazeballs off your sites! Better policing is in order! And give us a way to alert you..I have to log on to this site to get through to anyone.

• Contributor 233 posts since
      Dec 26, 2011
      Jan 26, 2012 12:33 AM (in response to kellye)
      Re: vacation rentals by OWNER?

I had an "inquiry" from Vacasarentals this week indicating that they were looking for new listings in my area and wanted me to sign up with them to manage my property.  When I contacted VRBO to complain about this soliciation, they indicated that they could not help me.

Not a member?

JOIN THE COMMUNITY

Register Now

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)