Skip navigation

Join the Vacation Rentals Conversation!

Get answers to all of your questions from fellow owners and travelers.

Join the CommunityX

CommunitySeek, Ask, and Share in the Vacation Rentals Community
82842 Views 159 Replies Latest reply: Mar 22, 2014 8:46 PM by jlavary RSS Go to original post 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 Previous Next
  • New Member 5 posts since
    Jan 12, 2012

Here is the link to the Force One thread - http://community.homeaway.com/message/14444#14444  Same company same issues.

• New Member 12 posts since
    Apr 14, 2011

This company is the same as The Force Group Network. There are tons of comments about their deceitful practices. DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THEM...If you have signed up contact your credit card company immediately to cancel charges. See the discussions at:http://community.homeaway.com/message/14444#14444

• New Member 12 posts since
    Apr 14, 2011

THIS COMPANY Started in Europe and was shut down for illegal activities. They moved to the U.S. and now operate out of Florida... apparently under several names: The Force Group Network,  Perfect Rentals, United In Uniform THESE COMPANIES CONTINUE TO SWINDLE HONEST PEOPLE. THEY ARE A GROUP OF FILTHY DECEITFUL SCAM ARTISTS SEE RELATED POSTS ON http://community.homeaway.com/message/14444#14444 http://www.vacationrentalscommunity.com/forums/p/2025/6934.aspx#6934 http://www.ripoffreport.com/travel-services/the-force-group-netw/the-force-group-network-stole-7bd8e.htm I urge EVERYONE who has been deceived by this company to file reports with all agencies in Florida. Make the Foprce Group Network, Perfect Rentals, United In Uniform a household bad name. Send your letters to: Florida Division of Consumer Services 2005 Apalachee Parkway Tallahassee, FL 32399-6500 1-800-435-7352 Orange County Consumer Fraud Unit 415 North Orange Avenue PO Box 1673 Orlando FL, 32802 407-836-2490 BBB of Central Florida 1600 S. Grant Street Longwood, FL 32750 407-621-3300 THESE COMPANIES NEED TO BE SHUT DOWN PERMANENTLY I have said it before...if anyone wants to go in on a group lawsuit I say let's go for it.  I would love to see June try to explain herself in front of someone like Judge Judy! These liars are hurting alot of people and they need a taste of what it is like on the receiving end. Just keep posting to all the different blogs. MAKE YOUR VOICES BE HEARD SO OTHERS WILL NOT HAVE TO SUFFER-- THEY ARE LIARS

• New Member 13 posts since
    Jan 16, 2012

I have been with uiu since August and have had quite a few inquiries and two weekend bookings which is pretty good. Their not as good as Vrbo though, but in my experience nobody can quite hit their height for the vacation home owners stand point. I usually give most websites a chance, paying no more than a year if that is an option and taking advantage of any free trials, and this website is pretty good. This is just my 2 cents, and I am not saying any of the criticism is wrong because I have not done as much research as some people on this blog. But where I would not say united in uniform is the greatest website of all time for bookings, I would also not say it is the worse. Middle ground for my home so far. IMHO.

Anyone know anywhere as competitive as VRBO for inquiries? I'm desperate to find another website like this but nothing so far. Any advice? If I could figure out how to start a new thread I would, how do I do that?

- Jack Marsh

• New Member 10 posts since
    Jul 5, 2011

Jack,

It all comes down to where your property is....I've spoke to a lot of owners and different things work for different properties. Where is your rental home(s)?

Generally, after vrbo I would suggest home away. They're good. Hope this helps!

Nov 17, 2011

Might I suggest flip key? They are up there with the best in my view.

• msdebj Senior Contributor 1,359 posts since
    May 25, 2011

KK- I'm new to Flipkey, and have had more "real" serious inquiries in 2 weeks from them than the last 2 months from VRBO, and am reserving several weeks right now . But, it may very well be where our homes are located.

So far, FK's customer service is great. I feel like I'm back in the old VRBO days, dealing with them. And, they allow me to manage my own VR home - which I do quite well.

Jan 16, 2012

Thank you for your help and ideas. I am actually already with flipkey though, and it is good, although I have not quite hit "Vrbo level" so to speak. I guess time will tell....

progers..my home is located in Bonita Springs. Can you offer any more advice on this?

Nov 17, 2011

msdebj. Not trying to start a conspiracy, but I understand what you mean by "real" inquiries from Flip Key. I find a lot of inquiries from vrbo are not as "strong" as flip key. I love good customer service too...I hate this world we're getting into where everything is done on FAQ's. I hate FAQs! I want a phone number to call and speak to a direct human being. Am I alone on this? Or does anyone else feel the same? I would say though Flip Key are the leader in customer service.

• msdebj Senior Contributor 1,359 posts since
    May 25, 2011

KK- not to make this a chatroom, but I had to respond to you. I've noticed a change (slow, but neverless a change) in the direction of the dreaded FAQ stuff with several companies I do business with. Even my banking insitutions now offer REAL people, with functional Help Desks.  I've learned that the only way paying customers can have real impact is to vote with their feet.  Anyone who thinks it can't be done only need look at Verizon, BofA, HP and Dell - to name a few.  All have either rolled back "new improvements" or made policy changes due to customer outcry.  I just wish HA had as much respect for it's real income source- it's advertisers.

Nov 17, 2011

msdebj, that news is reassuring. But it's the way it should be. I would rather go with a company that I could simply call when I need help with something. There's nothing worse than when something is going wrong, I need an immediate response, and the contact us button asks me to leave a message. It's so frustrating when someone emails you an answer a week later when its too late. I really think if customers keep paying money to the companies that provide this, then the others will have to adapt and one day I will be able to simple give a call to the "Homeaway Hotline". Sounds pretty catchy actually.

Jan 16, 2012

Couldn't agree more and i have never met anyone who prefers this online system. Websites like Flip Key, united in uniform, and rentalo all have direct numbers you can call and speak to directly. Home Away and VRBO, where strong in most aspects of the industry, should really take note and consider giving the advertisers a contact number. The united in uniform site gives you a personal representative who you can email and call whenever for advice and I think a lot of other websites are heading this way. Makes sense to me, deviate the responsibility to one person that way your always on the same page. Homeaway Hotline sounds very nice to me!

Jul 5, 2011

"jmarsh86". I was going to suggest Flip Key but you said you're already with them. I think you're taking advantage of all the good websites out there after I click on your profile, you're certainly deeper in the game than me! I like to wheel deal and look for bargains. I like Homeaway and VRBO as well though. Sure, they don't have a phone number to call, but they have the results to back it up. Flip Key is on the way up though....they're definitely doing something right. Jmarsh86, I would just google "best places to advertise vacation rental" or start a forum on this community asking this question, I'm sure people will jump in with suggestions. I hope this helps!

Jul 5, 2011

Also, how do I change my profile picture? I noticed you have a picture of a mountain. I want to have a picture of something more appealing than an empty avatar.

Jan 16, 2012

Progers, its really simple to change a picture. Just click on your name in the top right corner and then click on profile. Once there, you just click the option on the right that says change picture or avatar. Its kind of hidden so I know why you maybe had a hard time finding it. Thanks for your input and information on good advertising sites. I think I will just stay with what I have until I hear something else.

1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 Previous Next

Not a member?

JOIN THE COMMUNITY

Register Now

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)