Skip navigation

Join the Vacation Rentals Conversation!

Get answers to all of your questions from fellow owners and travelers.

Join the CommunityX

CommunitySeek, Ask, and Share in the Vacation Rentals Community
2097 Views 4 Replies Latest reply: Jan 26, 2012 10:08 AM by gabriel RSS
New Member 1 posts since
Nov 9, 2011
Currently Being Moderated

Nov 9, 2011 7:16 PM

Inaccurate Pricing/Min Stay - Anyone else experience this?

Recently contacted an owner in the UK regarding a 5 night stay during low season.

They indicate on VRBO and on their website that the minimum is 3 nights and rate ranges from 50 - 65 British Pounds per night during that time frame.

However, after contacting them they indicated I would be charged 70 BP per night.

I emailed back nicely questioning why this was different to what was listed.

They then responded the minimum was 70 BP and a 6 night stay.  They must not have liked my question?

Wasted my time and they lost a good customer.

• New Member 3 posts since
    Nov 15, 2011

Hi Shere,

To answer your post, I think they have made misstake on their pricing.

I found some owners that have property in homeaway listing and they also contact me to promote their properties.

in 1 source have 2 different area to sell, firstly I didnt know that the owner actually put lower price than what he gave to me, so we put price as what it is and we get complain as its cheaper at homeaway than us.......

when we called them, they said it's a misstake that they put lower price in homeaway,,, well they finally changed the price on homeaway....

btw, I still dont understand why they do that and to be honest with you, I am not happy with what they offer to me.

• wiffle Contributor 217 posts since
    Feb 23, 2011

That was very poorly handled by them. Have they changed the price on the website since you communicated with them? I hope you don't give up on vacation rentals because of one bad apple!

• New Member 9 posts since
    Sep 21, 2011

I recently had one owner quote me a price by email for our specific requirements, and then when I tried to book it, quoted me a higher price.  I didn't bother asking why.  I booked elsewhere.  Perhaps it was an honest mistake, but whether she was dishonest or deficient in ability, it pushed me to my next choice.

I have been renting 3-4 times per year for the past 12 years.  This is the only time this happened.  It is not common.

• Many owners are not devoted full time to the process and may not update their listing, however I would recommend that you always request a rate confirmation email when you make your  reservation.

Other owners may have fluctuating rates depending on demand, but they should always be clear with the guest prior to sending the contract.

I am glad we are not like the airline business that rates change every minute, and most homes have fixed seasonal rates.

Not a member?

JOIN THE COMMUNITY

Register Now

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• Best Answers - 4 points
  • Helpful Answers - 2 points