Skip navigation

Join the Vacation Rentals Conversation!

Get answers to all of your questions from fellow owners and travelers.

Join the CommunityX

CommunitySeek, Ask, and Share in the Vacation Rentals Community
2084 Views 3 Replies Latest reply: Nov 6, 2011 9:24 AM by mfaustin426 RSS
New Member 2 posts since
Nov 4, 2011
Currently Being Moderated

Nov 4, 2011 7:57 AM

Arrived at condo - Was not as Described

We recently rented a condo at Daytona Beach (as we have several times before) with the first time at the Sand Dollar.  We arrived only to be hit with a wall of smoke as we entered, then to find an ashtray in the sink, cigarette butts on the patio floor.  The condo was filthy, and dirty.  We could not even see out the windows!  We walked around to get an idea of what to do?  Lose our money, or try to clean it up for our 4 day stay.  We went to the store, bought cleaning products, towels, laundry soap and proceeded to clean the entire condo, including scrubbing the so called "brand new pillow top mattress" that was at least 10 years old, scrubbing the floors by hand, washed the windows, cleaned the sliding glass door track when the master door would not open.  I took pictures for the owner's benefit and contacted him the next day.  He returned my calls after two days, at which point we were ready to leave.  When I returned the keys and garage card to him and requested an additional $100 of my rental money for our inconvenience, he did not oblige.  This unit is #705.  This unit is being advertised as NON-SMOKING, with NO SMOKING ALLOWED IN THE UNIT -- which is completely false.  The only part of the advertisement that is accurate is the view of the Intercoastal and the Ocean.

I have rented several other condos in the area for the past three years and have no issues at all.  I would recommend a clause in any rental contract for the Renter that upon arrival who to contact immediately if the unit is found in any other condition than as described in the advertisement.

Not a member?

JOIN THE COMMUNITY

Register Now

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)