Skip navigation

Join the Vacation Rentals Conversation!

Get answers to all of your questions from fellow owners and travelers.

Join the CommunityX

CommunitySeek, Ask, and Share in the Vacation Rentals Community
3039 Views 4 Replies Latest reply: Sep 3, 2013 3:48 AM by chloe.thomas-young RSS
Contributor 21 posts since
Oct 28, 2011
Currently Being Moderated

Oct 31, 2011 10:26 AM

Have you started using Google Plus?

I started using Google+, resentfully about a month ago.

I found I actually like it more than Facebook for the type of sharing I do. There aren't near as many people on it though... those that are on it seem to be the early adopters, not my Mom.  You can find my by searching for "Trent Blizzard" in Google Plus.

The business page version of it is not out yet though...IF you want to see a preview of their new business page, I posted it in my Homeaway Community Blog - it looks pretty promising.  Google released it a couple of weeks ago as a "beta" using Ford Motors as the example.  Also there is a link to a great article with 40 tips for the "newbie" to Google Plus...that I wish I had read before I got started.

If you have a Google + account, share it below and I will add you to my circles, I want to see what vacation rental owners and managers are doing in it!

• tyann Contributor 223 posts since
    Dec 28, 2010
    Nov 1, 2011 10:05 AM (in response to trent.blizzard)
    Re: Have you started using Google Plus?

I have been using G+ since it was in beta in June (got in through the photography community). The only thing I don't like about it is that my friends and family aren't on it. Right now I use G+ for reading content with meat. I mainly follow photographers that I admire, and they share not only amazing work but substantial content to learn from. I am patiently tapping my foot, waiting for business pages to open up.

Another good G+ guide is by Colby Brown (more geared toward photographers, though). You can also follow Trey Ratcliff and Scott Jarvie if you want to learn more about hangouts. They routinely host Google team members in their hangouts and know all the latest in the constantly changing flow of improvements and new applications on G+.

I have done a few hangouts and really enjoy them. The new Android update lets you hangout via your smartphone as well, which is really cool.

I don't post much right now, but will be as soon as business profiles go live.

Tyann Marcink (G+ profile)

Nature's Retreat and Canyon Retreat | Vacation Home in Branson

Photography and Website Design | Marcink Designs

• tyann Contributor 223 posts since
    Dec 28, 2010
    Nov 7, 2011 10:48 PM (in response to trent.blizzard)

Pages are now available!!! Here is mine: https://plus.google.com/b/102180873960172127204/

Tyann Marcink

Nature's Retreat and Canyon Retreat | Vacation Home in Branson

Photography and Website Design | Marcink Designs

• chloe.thomas-young New Member 6 posts since
    Jul 29, 2013
    Sep 3, 2013 3:48 AM (in response to trent.blizzard)

Google Plus has come a long way since 2011 and now has over 343 million active users. Nonetheless, vacation rental managers are still reluctant to tap into the network. We recently wrote an article on the main benefits of using Google Plus for your vacation rental business and how it is a huge networking opportunity. http://kigo.net/blog/vacation-rental-marketing-why-you-should-use-google-plus.html Hope it helps those that are in two minds!

Not a member?

JOIN THE COMMUNITY

Register Now

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)