Skip navigation

Join the Vacation Rentals Conversation!

Get answers to all of your questions from fellow owners and travelers.

Join the CommunityX

CommunitySeek, Ask, and Share in the Vacation Rentals Community
2289 Views 4 Replies Latest reply: Jan 7, 2012 2:25 PM by hdamama RSS
stjvilla Active Contributor 624 posts since
May 27, 2011
Currently Being Moderated

Oct 30, 2011 9:28 AM

Adding a link to HomeAway Listing?

I would like to add a link to my own house web site on my HomeAway listing.  Can this be done and if so, where and how?  I have looked and can't find a place.  I know you can do this on VRBO as they have a spot for it.  Search of this forum did not turn up an answer to this question.  Thanks for any help.

Larry

• travis HomeAway Employee 325 posts since
    May 2, 2011
    Oct 31, 2011 1:55 PM (in response to stjvilla)
    Re: Adding a link to HomeAway Listing?

Hi Larry,

To add a link to your personal site from your HomeAway listing, you have to submit a request to our Customer Support team and we’ll add it for you. All links are subject to review. Just so you know, we are not able to add links to commercial vacation websites, payment sites, sites with normally dynamic content, sites that are under construction, and external calendars or review systems.

Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Travis

• New Member 16 posts since
      Jun 13, 2011
      Nov 2, 2011 12:33 AM (in response to travis)

We have these links on our H.A. and V.R.B.O. listings, unfortunately they are so obscure no one ever see's them.

Seldom, very seldom does someone answer yes when we ask if they have seen our site. I feel Homeaway and VRBO reluctantly place obscure links to outside sites. We have 3 home rented on both sites and we can't direct customers to our site?

I truly wish they would reconsider their policies and paranoia over outside sites and start allowing us the oppurtunity to sell our listings.

I am very frustrated with them playing self appointed Dictator.

• New Member 1 posts since
    Jan 7, 2012
    Jan 7, 2012 7:36 AM (in response to stjvilla)

customer service is terrible.  I have tried a dozen websites and all get rejected - canned answers that do not apply even remotely to the issue.  I have tried to add local outlet malls (this would seem to be interesting to a renter, wouldnt it ?), chamber of commerce, local events, activities, etc.  All are rejected with no specific reason why - mostly about not linking to other rental units .

• New Member 1 posts since
    Jan 7, 2012
    Jan 7, 2012 2:25 PM (in response to stjvilla)

Try this:

Enter a line in your text to effect of "Google us at (search term will bring up your house site) and see for yourself..."

Works great for us! We suggest Santa Fe Weddings because our site comes up right at the top of the unpaid results.

Our tracking indicates we get plenty of site visitors this way.

Good Luck!

Not a member?

JOIN THE COMMUNITY

Register Now

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• Best Answers - 4 points
  • Helpful Answers - 2 points