Skip navigation

Join the Vacation Rentals Conversation!

Get answers to all of your questions from fellow owners and travelers.

Join the CommunityX

CommunitySeek, Ask, and Share in the Vacation Rentals Community
3795 Views 11 Replies Latest reply: Apr 2, 2012 11:20 AM by travis RSS
2barefeet Contributor 89 posts since
Mar 15, 2011
Currently Being Moderated

Oct 12, 2011 7:19 AM

Calendar Changing Dates

Is anyone else having trouble with HA reservation manager changing the dates requested?  I contacted HA this morning but the service agent I spoke with could not understand me and she told me the dates are not marking because they are checking out on the 31!! HELLO!!!!! I KNOW that!

Can someone from HA explain why arrival date Oct 29  departure date Oct 31 changes in the system to Oct 28 and Oct 30 when I reply?  HELP!!!!!!!

• kristin.r Contributor 116 posts since
    Jun 1, 2011
    Oct 12, 2011 2:46 PM (in response to 2barefeet)
    Calendar Changing Dates

Me too have you found out anything yet.  I emailed their tech support and still no reply.  It doesn't do it on every single one.  Almost a random thing.

Jun 1, 2011
      Oct 12, 2011 2:54 PM (in response to kristin.r)
      Calendar Changing Dates

Maybe this will better explain what is happening.  You receive an inquiry for lets say July 1 - 7th.  The new system says your available so you use the reply button to generate the inquiry with the potential guest, but it changes the date to June 30 - 6th.  I notice I couldn't even edit to put back in the correct dates.  I explained this in the email I sent to them. 

• travis HomeAway Employee 325 posts since
    May 2, 2011
    Oct 12, 2011 5:11 PM (in response to 2barefeet)
    Re: Calendar Changing Dates

Hi 2barefeet,

I’m sorry you’re having issues with your listing calendar. It looks like  you’ve encountered a defect on our site. Our technical support team is  working to resolve this as quickly as possible. Since you’ve already  reported this to our Customer Support, someone from our technical  support team may contact you for further information.

At the moment, we do have a work around for owners using  ReservationManager. You can accept the reservation to add it to your  calendar. Then click the “Edit Reservation” button and enter the correct  check in and check out dates.

I hope this information is helpful and if you have any further questions please let me know.

Travis

Jun 1, 2011
    Oct 12, 2011 7:05 PM (in response to 2barefeet)

Travis, I have a question for you.  I am just trying to respond to the inquiry not create a reservation.  So will your suggestion work when its in regards to the inquiry.  Its changing the dates when your trying to make initial contact with the potential renter. Thanks Kristin

May 2, 2011
      Oct 13, 2011 3:41 PM (in response to kristin.r)
      Calendar Changing Dates

Hi Kristin,

If you are only replying to an inquiry, not adding dates to your  calendar, then you likely won’t experience any issues. To only send a  reply message from your owner dashboard, click the “Reply” button and  choose “Custom.”

Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Travis

• New Member 1 posts since
        Mar 30, 2012
        Mar 30, 2012 12:38 PM (in response to travis)

Travis,

You couldn't be more wrong!!!!  For example, I had an inquiry this morning that requested June 8-13, yet when I hit reply the dates for the inquiry showed as June 7-12.  Your site has serious issues that need to be fixed.  I am getting an ulcer worrying about double-booking as everything is showing incorrect on my calendar as well.  I spent all day yesterday reviewing correspondence and creating a paper back up.  Everytime you do a software update, I am set back days with issues.  Enough already!!!!

May 2, 2011
          Apr 2, 2012 11:20 AM (in response to howler11)

Hi howler11,

It looks like the calendar issues you were experiencing have now been resolved. You should have received an email from our Technical Support Team. If you continue experiencing calendar issues, you can reply to that email for additional assistance.

Travis

• lorraine.mcgill Contributor 30 posts since
    Feb 24, 2011
    Oct 13, 2011 12:47 PM (in response to 2barefeet)
    Calendar Changing Dates

I just noticed the problem, too. Baffled me for a minute or two then I searched for it on the message board. I'm just to to "Reply" to the guy's email through regular email and if he wants to book, I'll manually enter the reservation and complete the booking. Hopefully HA will have the issue resolved soon. Alot of bugs in this system but it will be very nice and useful once they get them all worked out.

• mtbcondo Contributor 29 posts since
    Feb 18, 2011
    Oct 14, 2011 1:03 PM (in response to 2barefeet)

I'm having the same problem.

This is a major problem and should be the top priority of all HomeAway technicians!  I have to manually book a day later than requested to show the actual dates the guest wants.  Hopefully the "fix" won't re-adjust my newly created dates I've manually input.

There are so many bugs with this simple reservations software (and it costs us more than the price of an I-Phone), what a rip-off!

• New Member 4 posts since
    Mar 8, 2011
    Oct 17, 2011 9:53 PM (in response to 2barefeet)

Hi everyone - i wanted to let you know we have resolved the issue and will be pushing an update to one of the core dashboard systems tomorrow to resolve this issue.

For those that are interested in the underlying cause, one of the underlying systems was upgraded early last week to handle the enormous inquiry volume we process.  The new system provided different time zone information on each inquiry than the system it replaced, which caused the dashboard to display the wrong day.

If you continue to see issues after tomorrow please reply back to this thread - thanks

Steve G

Not a member?

JOIN THE COMMUNITY

Register Now

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)