Skip navigation

Join the Vacation Rentals Conversation!

Get answers to all of your questions from fellow owners and travelers.

Join the CommunityX

CommunitySeek, Ask, and Share in the Vacation Rentals Community
10565 Views 22 Replies Latest reply: Jul 1, 2012 9:49 AM by elleb RSS
New Member 17 posts since
Jul 28, 2011
Currently Being Moderated

Sep 30, 2011 10:40 AM

GuestChecker questions/comments (Open Forum).

Hello to all from the offices of GuestChecker.

We have received many new members from the VRBO forums and would personally like to thank each one of for your efforts in the new age of guest screening. We would like to open the floor for questions, comments or suggestions about the service.  We will be addressing questions of legality, processes, and future advancements.

Thank you, in advance, for your posts......

• New Member 15 posts since
    Jul 28, 2011
    Sep 30, 2011 10:51 AM (in response to guestchecker)

Why do you report our comments to the renter? I don't like knowing that you are seeking them out and telling them what I've said. I'm affraid they will retaliate and leave a negative review, or worse!

• lrbaldwin Active Contributor 754 posts since
        Feb 16, 2011
        Sep 30, 2011 12:38 PM (in response to guestchecker)

"At any time before, during, or after your stay with us, your information may be shared with GuestChecker.com"

I'm afraid this would scare prospective renters away.  How do they know what information is shared with Guest Checker and who else will have access to it?  I'm sure most people won't investigate and will simply move on to the next listing.

Linda

Chatterbox Too in Duck, NC

Feb 16, 2011
            Sep 30, 2011 1:47 PM (in response to guestchecker)
            Re: GuestChecker questions/comments (Open Forum).

Thanks for the information.  I've taken a look at your site, but obviously I can't see what your database looks like since I'm not a member.  I assume you have to make sure I'm a legitimate vacation rental home owner....or can just anyone join?  I can't look at your FAQs because I don't have Java on this machine. If only rental managers (hotels, rental agencies, vacation home owners, etc) can become members, how do you verify?

Thanks,

Linda

Feb 16, 2011
                Sep 30, 2011 2:28 PM (in response to guestchecker)

How many members do you have and how many names are in your database of renters?

A few minutes ago I submitted the application for membership.  I immediately received an email that I have been added as a registered member.  I did not give information about my property, so how did GuestChecker verify that I am legitimate?

Thanks,

Linda

• New Member 1 posts since
                Mar 31, 2012
                Mar 31, 2012 5:22 PM (in response to guestchecker)

I just tried to add "At any time before, during, or after your stay with us, your information may be shared with GuestChecker.com" to my VRBO website and VRBO rejected it, for the .com, I changed it to say  "At any time before, during, or after your stay with us, your information may be shared with the GuestChecker website". Will this satisfy any legal requirements. I just had bad experience with a short term renter that’s why I googled renter black lists. Your site will allow me to sleep at night.

• tsvr Contributor 220 posts since
    Feb 28, 2011
    Sep 30, 2011 11:36 AM (in response to guestchecker)

What, exactly, is Guest Checker?

• New Member 5 posts since
    Nov 28, 2011
    Dec 6, 2011 10:47 AM (in response to guestchecker)

What is the difference between guest checker and other guest screening services?

• Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 7, 2012 5:45 PM (in response to guestchecker)

What's up with the GuestChecker website?  I have not been able to access the site the last two days.  I get directed to this page  http://www.guestchecker.com/Install/UpgradeWizard.aspx   Not sure what this is all about??

• Contributor 233 posts since
      Dec 26, 2011
      Mar 31, 2012 8:08 PM (in response to ppv1)

I was able to access the site, however several of their links are not working.  I am very interested in hearing from other VRBO owners who are members, to hear how this is working for you.  I would like to participate if this is working well.  I have several potential guests I would like to check out, and also have several renters (won't call them guests under the circumstances) that I would like to report on.  Thanks for any input from actual users of this website.  This might be a great resource for owners, as we are subject to reviews on VRBO that are not verified for accuracy, and we could warn other owners about our experiences, etc.

• Currently Being Moderated
        Apr 2, 2012 4:35 PM (in response to dbmeyer)

The site seems to be up and working again.  I use this before replying to every inquiry I receive. So far I have not had a single person come up in their database as a red flag so to speak.  I do like the fact that it does offer an outlet to report bad guests AND recommend the good guests as well.

• lillyfan New Member 18 posts since
    Jun 10, 2011
    Apr 17, 2012 7:34 AM (in response to guestchecker)

Hello Guestchecker, I was reading through this discussion and had a couple of questions. One, you mention it needs to be stated on the homeowner's listing website that "At any time before, during, or after your stay with us your information may be shared with Guestchecker". Someone had mentioned in this discussion that she tried to put this on her VRBO site, but it won't take it due to the .com; I did not see a reply to this. And does it need to be added to each listing site where we advertise? Also, just had guests over Spring Break who left the home in a real mess. Group of 18 - they were several families (our home sleeps up to 18). My cleaners told me it was the worst they had seen it in 4 years and charged me $100 extra. No damage, just trash, sand, dirty dishes, beds moved, etc., which required two extra cleaners for a total of 14 man hours (usually takes 8 hours). I told the guest yesterday about why we were keeping $100 of the deposit, and of course she is in denial, saying she owns her own cleaning company (I laughed hard at that one) and they didn't trash the home. Anyway, does Guestchecker allow for listing guests who leave it a mess and require extra cleaning charges or is the site only for guests who create more serious problems? Thanks!

• missmissy New Member 23 posts since
    Jan 15, 2012
    May 22, 2012 11:59 PM (in response to guestchecker)

I think that your website is a good idea.  I was wondering how many guests you currently have in your database and I was also wondering about your business model - i.e. how do you generate income? 

• New Member 6 posts since
    Jul 1, 2012
    Jul 1, 2012 9:49 AM (in response to guestchecker)

I tried repeatedly to register for guestchecker but the website did not work. I tried to let guestchecker know of the issue via the contact us form and that doesn't work either. Not exactly a vote of confidence...

Not a member?

JOIN THE COMMUNITY

Register Now

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (1)