Skip navigation

Join the Vacation Rentals Conversation!

Get answers to all of your questions from fellow owners and travelers.

Join the CommunityX

CommunitySeek, Ask, and Share in the Vacation Rentals Community
Currently Being Moderated

HomeAway Summit 2012 FAQs

VERSION 15  Click to view article history
Created on: Dec 13, 2011 10:13 AM by meredith - Last Modified:  Feb 16, 2012 10:23 AM by meredith

Q: Where is the event held?
A:
At the Austin Convention Center, located at 500 East Cesar Chavez Street, Austin, TX 78701 in downtown Austin.

Q: What are the dates and times for this event?
A: See the Agenda here

Q: How much will HomeAway Summit cost to attend?
A: The price for HomeAway Summit 2012 is $299 per person. 

Q: What do I get for my money at the conference?
A: HomeAway Summit is a weekend event, including 3 days of industry education and networking.

A conference pass includes:
*4 hour Social Media Workshop to learn specific strategies for taking your marketing to the next level.

*Attendance at all sessions of your choice during multiple tracks  (over 25 to choose from)

*A one-on-one Customer Support appointment to go over your account privately with a HomeAway, Inc. representative

*Opportunities to meet and mingle with specialized vendors in our Exhibitor Space and HomeAway, Inc. employees

*Networking cocktail reception on Friday, April 20

*Breakfast, lunch, and snacks all day on Saturday, April 21

*Saturday night dinner and party: Enjoy a fabulous party with music, libations, views of downtown Austin and so much more.  You don’t want to miss this chance to party under the stars!

*Brunch on Sunday, April 22

Q: Is my overnight stay included?

A: Your registration fee for HomeAway Summit does not include overnight accommodations. HomeAway has secured special conference rates at Hilton Austin or the Hampton Inn (which are walking distance to the convention center). Visit the accommodations page for more information.

Q: If my spouse and I only have one property, do we each need to pay separately to attend?
A: Each person attending HomeAway Summit will have to pay a registration fee. This fee will cover food and beverage expenses and administrative costs.

Q: Where do I register for HomeAway Summit?

A: REGISTER HERE

Q: What is the dress code?
A: Austin is a very casual town, and jeans or shorts are totally acceptable. Please dress comfortably, casually and in layers. Although the average high temperature in Austin this time of year is around 85 degrees, the temperatures in meeting rooms tend to vary. Please also note that our Saturday evening party will be held outside.

Q: How many people will be in attendance?

A: We will have approximately 400 owners and property managers at the 2012 HomeAway Summit.

Q: Do I need to bring anything with me?
A: We will provide all necessary printed materials for each session. Many people find bringing their laptop helpful as well, especially in workshop sessions. Internet access will be available throughout the Austin Convention Center.

Q: Will there be attendees from outside of Texas?
A: Yes, of course. People came from all over the world to attend HomeAway Summit the past 2 years.

Q: What is the cancellation policy?
A: Space is very limited at HomeAway Summit. All fees for attending are nonrefundable. If you are concerned about your plans changing last minute, we encourage you to purchase travel insurance.

Q: Where should I park?
A: Find parking information and directions to the convention center here:

http://www.austinconventioncenter.com/directions/directions.htm

Q: Do I need to rent a car?
A: You do not need to rent a car for this event unless you would like to explore more of Austin. If you are flying to Austin, a cab from the Austin Bergstrom International Airport to downtown Austin should be about $25. 

Q: If I can't make it to Austin, will any material be available online?
A: We plan to post recordings of some of our sessions online following the event. For now, check out the recordings of sessions from HomeAway Summit 2011.

Comments (10)

Not a member?

JOIN THE COMMUNITY

Register Now